Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea are we really going to pretend Hulkster isn't petty and crazy enough to totally punish someone for going 'ha ha yea it's dumb'?

Dude isn't gonna poo poo where he eats, even if he eats a poo poo sandwich every week.

Aries made an argument on his twitter how he worked his rear end off for zero money in ROH for years and his trip to TNA now is basically his way to now get paid to wrestle well. When WWE wouldn't even make him a cast member of Tough Enough, do you really fault the guy?

Plus he's a master of karaoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hogan is the type where he can say what he wants, guys like Angle and Hardy can say what they want, but some short non-star like Aries would get poo poo on for slagging the company.

Even bigger stars like AJ are getting slagged on for making GBS threads on Hogan, but then he gets a title shot at the next PPV.

But people need to recognize that maybe, just maybe, Aries likes his job? Look at CM Punk. It goes without saying that he's been extremely mis-used but he's supporting the WWE and trying to call people out on saying Raw is poo poo then watching the next week. Maybe Punk enjoys his job, even if his place of work sucks?

Aries has zero reason to complain right now in TNA. They pay him far more than he ever made in ROH and he's being built around their X Division.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'm guessing that Garrett plans to be a wrestler.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Seems like Court Bauer has something brewing with the best promotion name in wrestling: http://twitter.com/!/mlwwrestling

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Happy Happyist posted:

Since they changed the phrase on the back of his shirt, maybe they don't want him saying "Take Care, Spike Your Hair" anymore? I can't believe it took them 2/3 of a year to realize that was his catchphrase, even though he's said it on RAW multiple times.

It took four months for Vince McMahon to realize that his WWE Tag Team Champions were wearing masks to the ring.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Bocc Kob posted:

Kelly Kelly. Times a million.

Kelly Kelly's job was never in jeopardy.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Twitter is claiming Rosa Mendes.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Oatgan posted:

How very professional of you, Chris.

How is what he said any different from shoots?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Oatgan posted:

Airing out other people's dirty laundry is always unprofessional? If Masters offered to give Vince a handy to keep his job and was rebuffed then sure tell the world, but a diva blowing the boss for job security is her business and not Chris Masters's twitter followers.

Yeah, and we who follow the wrestling world love dirty laundry. We eat it up. We buy shoot tapes all of the time where people air out dirty laundry.

Also, if what Masters is saying is true, what Hayes did was against work ethics and it should be grounds of firing him. You shouldn't be screwing your subordinates.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mystery Opponent posted:

How does one hypothetically suck a dick

"Say you sucked a dick..."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mystery Opponent posted:

If you hypothetically suck a dick it must be a very bad blowjob

But let's say, hypothetically, that you enjoyed it. Therefore, it was hypothetically a good blowjob.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mega GIRL posted:

I can't be mad at Oatgan for defending Hayes. He's from Badstreet, USA. Gotta rep your homies.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grant DaNasty posted:

Personally I chose to believe every rumor and scummy story in wrestling, everything from the dildo blender to Lita getting pissed on by El Dandy. So Michael Hayes getting mouth fun from a diva isn't that much of a stretch for me.

My favourite wrestling rumours all involve luchadors doing grotesque things to female wrestlers (Lita/El Dandy, Woman/Luchador who bit her rear end whose name I can't remember. Actually, I'm going to assume that was El Dandy as well).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cardboard Box posted:

Hahaha what. Seriously?

I guess that's not surprising.

It comes from a big list of wrestling rumours that was circulated. If you buy into the, "All rumours are true" theory, then Lita just got pissed on by a lot of wrestlers.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
There's the Woman story!

quote:

There was this dude called John Arezzi who hosted a radio show and did some promoting. He promoted a AAA tour around the US and insisted on using Woman as a manager for Psicosis, because he used to be in love with her. Konnan was booking Baja California, and since he was friends with Woman (from ECW), he got her to do a small tour around Tijuana, Mexicali... After a Tijuana (I think) show everybody went back to their rooms. The TJ guys just stayed at home, Konnan shared a room with his buddies and Woman had her own room. Very late (in the midnight) somebody started screaming and pounding hard on Konnan's door. He opened the door and it was a half naked Nancy Sullivan whose face was a mess. They let her in and she told them that she got high with Metal and they were about to gently caress, but he was so loving wasted that he couldn't get it up from all the poo poo he'd been doing all day. So... he started biting her rear end realllly hard. She hit him in the face with something to get him off, he then hit her back and she just escaped as soon as she could. At the time Konnan was scared because he didn't want to get on Peņa's back side by having an argument with Metal, and he was afraid it would cost him his WCW job if this got to Sullivan. Years later I told him "If Sullivan had found about it, he'd probably have gone down Mexico and cut Metal's balls off". He then said "Not really, he probably beats her up even worse"...

That last line always depresses me :smith:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
So he wanted to be Hulk Hogan but not wear a TNA product?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I know these were from message board posts but the last line in this always cracks me up.

quote:

455. The last time the WWE was in Vancouver, my buddy sold Orton and Batista some pot, about half an ounce. He and a friend ran into them at a mini mall over by my house in Richmond (a suburb of Vancouver) Trevor didnt have a clue who they were, but his friend marked out and was asking for autographs, during the autographs Orton leaned over and asked my buddy if he had any, they drove to his house, next door to mine at the time, and sold them this wonderful stuff that tased like oranges. Now where im from this is not sleaze, just funny. Also, they were driving in a Navigator full of women, (how many seats does a navigator have?) so I doubt that Orton is gay. Ive known Trevor sence high school he wouldnt make that poo poo up.

Also, this rumour is false and badass at the same time.

quote:

448. William Regal hates the US but is forced to work here out of fears of prosecution in the UK; it seems he was a middleman in the whole Queen Elizabeth drug dealing thing Lyndon LaRouche exposed in the '80s.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That kid is absolutely adorable.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grantonio posted:

I had no idea he attempted suicide.

Yeah, in Mexico. Ryan Shamrock ended up saving his life, pretty much.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Speaking of Waltman: http://mywrestlingparty.com/2011-rumble-vip-party-featuring-x-pac/15

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

Also his blog that he wrote after Randy Savage was awesome and horrible at the same time. Awesome how he remembered the crazy times he, Mr. Perfect, and Randy Savage had when the traveled together. Horrible due to when he saw Kevin Nash called he thought Scott Hall died, and that is what he expects every time Nash calls.

I don't know whether that means Nash could call more or just text.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Minidust posted:

"I can knock you out in 1.8 seconds" is a gimmick that can't translate well to pro-wrestling. Why would this guy start a match with a lockup?

You could work it in that once he's gone into a punching routine, his opponent has 1.8 seconds to get the hell outta dodge or he's gonna get knocked out. Basically, when the fans see him get in stance and start air punching while his opponent is dazed, they know what's gonna happen.

Otherwise, yeah it's pretty difficult. Then again, that's a problem with most guys with punching or kicking finishers.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Sue Denim posted:

For some reason I seem to recall that the bare knuckle fighter was a kayfabe thing. Or am I just making this up?

I'd normally assume I was confusing him with someone else but I have a recollection of it surprising me because Barrett looks like one.

Barrett was actually a bare knuckle fighter. It's barely ever played into his gimmick of him boxing people and he always plays more of an iconoclast. It's the funny thing about kayfabe and reality. In kayfabe, he's too good to get in mere punching fights with people but in reality, he used to make his riches beating the poo poo out of people in Northern Europe.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Wait, really really? I always assumed that it was all bullshit

Nope.

From IGN:

quote:

IGN TV: Can you tell us a bit about your past as a bare-knuckle boxer? At what point in your life did you do that?

Wade Barrett: Yeah, that's something I started doing in my early 20's. I used to live in Liverpool and I knew some people who were involved in that world. They made me an offer to do some fighting for them. It was something that wasn't strictly legal. It was something that was under the cover of darkness, as it were. But it was something that I enjoyed at the time and I made some decent money out of it and it was something that I was quite successful at. So I enjoyed doing it.

Fun Wade tid-bit from the same interview:

quote:

IGN: How did you decided on your finishing move? That Fireman's Carry Throwdown?

Barrett: That was something that was actually taught to me by a wrestler on the independent scene named Colt Cabana. He showed me that a few years ago and it was a move that I'd never seen used before. Apparently it gets used a bit in Mexican wrestling circles, but it wasn't one that I was familiar with. I liked it because it was different and it was a move that I could use on the vast majority of people in a lot of different circumstances and in a lot of different areas in the ring. I could pull the move off from almost anywhere. So it was a versatile move that I thought looked good.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dead Snoopy posted:

Teaching the next generation how to poo poo in purses.

FCW 101 with Sean Waltman

"Today we're going to learn how to make a poo poo sandwich..."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
That sounds a lot like what Kevin Smith started like to critics before going overboard.

Wonder what Mick Foley's Red State will be...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Glitterbomber posted:

Christ Foley how long have you been a wrestler? How do you act like a big baby over a sorta kinda bad review after so long in the business?

Foley once did an interview where he said Jumbo Tsuruta didn't sell much for him in Japan in a tournament.

When people looked into it, Foley was brought in as a gaijin jobber and really, Jumbo sold for him more than most wrestlers when he was the biggest name in the bloody thing.

Foley has always been over sensitive as anyone who read Hardcore Diaries can attest.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is basically what I'm picturing his show to be. Basically an inexplicably even less funny Evening With Kevin Smith.

I know I compare Foley to Smith a lot but comparing the Evenings with Foley's books is so apropos. I watched Smith's most recent Evening and he was so whiny and bitter about no longer being relevant and disappointing his own fans.

I guess a lot of wrestlers are trying stand up these days. Good for them but guys like Foley would do much better to try spoken word over stand up. I'd much prefer to see the Mick Foley Variety Hour.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ChampRamp posted:

Is John Morrison turning heel via Twitter?

There is no place for Chain Gang Soldiers at the Palace of Wisdom.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

bobkatt013 posted:

So he is trying to pull a Matt Hardy?

Pretty sure he's pulling an Extreme Power Combat Fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzyBPZFA_Ro

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Borh posted:

Duh... making sure that the living embodiment of disaster and human misery that is Heath Slater doesn't get a chance to do out and inflict his presence on other people. How quick are we to forget the ones who diligently fight to protect our freedoms. :911: (We need an emoticon for that Polish uprising thing Barret has on his tights now).

Company loves Misery.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Are they arguing that Lethal was only on the Feud because of TNA or that the only reason people watched the Family Feud when Lethal was on it was because of TNA?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

God, Rhodes is... I like it. So weird, completely indecipherable, but hysterical nonetheless.

Someone has to tell me this, though. How the gently caress does Lance Storm run a bookclub without having a firm hold on grammar? He makes so many grammatical mistakes, and it's like I get that he generally reads mysteries and banal poo poo, but you surely have to pick up the basics through sheer osmosis.

Think of the kind of people who actually join book clubs.

Most of them read awful books.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Let's do a Goon Wrestling show where he pay Dusty and the Briscoes to do a Mello Yello commercial.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

This alone would sell the WWE channel, actually.

Of course, this show would remind Vinny Lupton of his days in North Carolina and he'd immediately have it thrown off the air and fire everyone involved.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Minidust posted:

I've heard it said that naming a black servant "Virgil," as well as the use of Sapphire later on, were trolls on Dusty (real name: Virgil Runnels) poking fun at his racism.

I don't recall any racism stories, but I do recall Dusty saying he'd be someones Black Champion.

I always thought that was more Dusty sucking up and believing that they could push his fat white rear end as an African American and nobody would notice.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
If there is a caucasian wrestler I'd have zero issue with a promoter booking as an African American hero, it'd be the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.

Otherwise? THAT'S RACIST.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grantonio posted:

CM Punk and Austin would be like watching a teen feud with his drunk dad. And it would be awesome.

Or it would be like watching a grown up, overly cocky adult feud with his drunk but loveable dad.

While I think Austin would be totally fine going 100 per cent heel to ensure Punk gets the heat, I don't see WWE going that far with it. Especially since Punk would get booed out of Texas no matter what Punk did or Austin did to try to get Punk over. Punk would have to be the heel with everyone happy to see Austin in Texas in a ring again.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I want to see the match, but...I like face Punk so much. :smith:

Their best bet would be for both guys to stick to their guns and go 100 per cent at each other and both just be themselves. Forget the crowd and just play the best program with neither a "babyface" and neither a "heel".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Its a funny situation where I could totally see Punk not wanting to go over Austin, and Austin not wanting to go over Punk. Basically, gently caress face/heel, bring out a beer truck, and let them just promo the hell out of one another. Let Austin win to make the crowd go nuts, or let Punk beat him clean, who cares it will rule.

That's what I mean. This is one of those feuds where you ignore the crowd and just tell a story. Let them both be themselves and make it feel like you're watching two sides of the same coin. In the end, you know Austin is going to get the big pops but Punk is going to come out truly looking like a headliner.

Cena/Rock has tried to go the other way, focusing on the crowd and reigning Cena back when they should just pull the ripchord and let him go. They did it at first with him ripping on Rock's "I'M NEVER LEAVING BUT I'M NEVER GONNA BE HERE" and doing a rap but they stopped after that. And judging from the recent Botchamania, it's Cena calling the spots of Rock making him look like a bitch. Who knows where it's gonna go but it has been pretty poorly managed. Then again, maybe at some point Cena snaps. There's still time and that does seem to be the current direction.