Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

DannoMack posted:

WWE guys have been trying to get #MissionaryMike trending, which is apparently some inside joke jab at the Miz. I'd really REALLY like to know the story.

He's either secretly religious or likes vanilla sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Oatgan posted:

Don't accept the beer :ohdear:

Did you see what he did to Stacy when she did that?

Hiram, take the beer.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Black Is Black posted:

What does Punk have to lose in this:

He inadvertently gives his boss, who is a worse human being than Chris Brown, the brilliant idea to have Chris Brown on TV, thereby making Chris Brown a ton of money and raising his profile?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Okay, so what was the deal with Regal/Reks? Are they working a program on Superstars, or something?

Regal's the GM of NXT. Reks and Curt Hawkins are on NXT, saying they should be on Raw. They're tossing barbs around, and Regal's are better cause Regal is better than Reks at everything.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

TL posted:

I want to remake the entire Ace Attorney series using WWE people now. Otunga would be Phoenix, Zack Ryder is Larry Butz. William Regal as Von Karma?

Only if Layla can be Franziska. :pervert:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

She also beat Dean Malenko.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Especially since for a while it looked like he was being rewarded for his hard work, but then he had the rug pulled out from under him and a lot of the heat that he had generated for himself was killed.

I'm sure it's made Zack a good deal more money than he would have if he hadn't started it, but it's still really easy to see why it would get frustrating for him.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

"Have a backup plan" is the advice JR gives out most often. He didn't mean anything by it.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

If updates are happening, it would be great if you could throw @PunchsportPod in there for the Punchsport Podcast.

Also, I'm now @GoogTheGoog. Thanks!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is the best thing. It's going into the charts as well, the WWE can't buy this sort of publicity

If they're right on the cusp of the top ten, they should absolutely be having employees in the UK buy the song as many times as they can.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Whats the matter Kevin, are you a little... kum-see kum-sah ?

comme ci comme ça :eng101:

If we're going to say that anyone who makes gay jokes in entertainment can't be a cool dude in real life, then just about every performer ever is a bigot.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Addicts say horribly false things all the time, messianic diamond-cutting spirit guide or no.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Dave isn't the only one who had that particular thing happen to him yesterday; baseball columnist Joe Posnanski suffered the same fate.

It seems like that company is preying upon famous people, trying to attract attention through their followers.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

BigT posted:

Ryback is pretty much the most unintentional funny guy on the roster...although I'm not sure if hes just crazy or just doesn't give a poo poo, either way I'm entertained by the guy so hes doing his job.

I think it's very hard to call Ryback's recent Twitter antics "unintentional." The dude is pretty obviously going out of his way to have fun and play off of the people who hate him.

He's still a dangerous worker who shouldn't be on television until he can stop injuring people with basic moves, but he's at least a more entertaining one than he was three months ago.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Perfidus posted:

That twitter handle looks silly now.

Also I desperately want a wrestler to use the name Antonio Langston. Somewhere, somehow.

Ahem.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will fall for a fake link even after the next half dozen immediate posts are pointing out it's fake.

Even at the time, calling it his "second" strike was ridiculous. Orton's had at least four incidents that did or should have counted as strikes, but somehow he's only on one because fatherhood changed him WWE can't be assed to make new stars and he's so valuable a main eventer for some reason.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It could be a taunt!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

He's had a couple of badly timed injuries, but he also had the legs taken out of what should have been a starmaking angle basically from square one. He was never more over than he was right after he and the rest of the Nexus took out Cena, but rather than capitalize on that they started making the Nexus look like geeks immediately.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

They wrote off Muhammad Hassan because of the negative attention they were getting, AND because the network stepped in and banned him from appearing on SmackDown ever again. If it was "just" a big shitstorm of negative press, Vince probably would have put him over Undertaker and made him champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Jack...Jack, you're a face now...come on, Jack...