Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Lone Rogue posted:

She also threw a justified fit about how she wasn't allowed to pursue a music career while also doing her WWE career but it doesn't make up for the poo poo she was deservedly blamed for.

Lol that was entirely justified. Why would WWE want one of it's commodities to publicly embarrass themselves by releasing some of the worst musical garbage of all time? I can totally see why WWE blocked the move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Minidust posted:

Huh, I didn't realize Matt Hardy had entered WWE's rehab program:

Never thought MATT would be the Hardy to get there first :psyduck:

Maybe Matt is the better Hardy after all. Maybe he was just going through a rough patch?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I have been punched in the face countless times by people who were actually trying to hurt me and never had anything more than a split lip and a blood nose. And yes I've been hit by guys as big/bigger than Hugh Jackman. If Ziggler has a fractured jaw from that, then he is a glassjaw. Surely just keeping kayfabe.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Gonzo McFee posted:

Only way to be sure is to have Hugh Jackman punch you in the face to test your theory.

On the off chances that Hugh Jackman is a far tougher man than average?

Okay that's fair. Set it up.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Minidust posted:

yeah but were you on the receiving end of a ROUGH RYDER after those punches?

Nah just a Lou Thesz press.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Yes and that's why I've been punched in the face lots. I live in a redneck town.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Saul Goode posted:

I met Austin Aries at a fan meet & greet in Melbourne and he was totally awesome. Very chill guy, but then again I wasn't trying to smark it up like a douche. I even got him to put me in a mock crossface chicken-wing for a photo!

Danielson was also there and when I asked him if he could do the same thing he just deadpanned me, "No", and I jokingly replied, "Yeah, you'd probably break my neck or something huh", and he deadpanned back, "Yes".

I believed him.

Was Danielson being funny in any way or was he really just being a jerk the way you sort of described him?

Maybe he was having a bad day.

Danielson can't be bad!

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Lol such a WH2K response.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

tzirean posted:

Poor HBK, who posted about how happy he was for Bryan, is now baffled by idiots trying to tell him he should be happy for Bryan.

Quotes would be nice.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Nut Bunnies posted:

Imagine PSP booking a storyline in today's WWE, but forget the stupid memes from 2008 like NATION and KANESMASK and that's about it.

So like, really good then?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Moose Bigelow posted:

The biggest problem to me was Severn dropped out after week 1 and Shamrock wanted nothing to do with it because you think there could have been an angle there.

Lol did they really think that Dr. Death had a shot in hell of winning the tournament legit? With a guy like Dan Severn entered in it? Like, if Severn had have not dropped out he would have just mopped the floor with everybody anyway.

What a loving stupid idea lol.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Man if they let Ambrose run with the "I hate Mick Foley for stealing the limelight" gimmick he will draw the most immense heel heat imaginable. Cap it off with the beat down to end all beat downs on Foley and you've got yourself the most over heel in the company.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

AJ is gonna turn on Punk for calling her crazy all the time. Crazy people aren't okay with being called crazy.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Perigryn posted:

What of D-lo's frog splash?

D-Lo's frog splash was awesome. D-Lo in general is underrated as gently caress.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, he was perfect in the mid-card. Pretty entertaining to watch, but not entertaining enough to be a main-eventer. A solid worker.

Agreed, still underrated by most and will be historically overlooked.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That is loving great news. I thought he'd be out way longer than that.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is keeping kayfabe on Twitter just a decision left up the wrestlers? Some seem to do it and others don't.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's probably going into a managerial role for a while. It's still goddamn fantastic and I was hoping they'd do this. :)

Oh my they are actually going ahead with the logical thing to do! NXT is where WWE exercises logical booking decisions. NXT is the best WWE show.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Maybe you should tweet THAT to CM Punk lol.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
He wouldn't bag out Seth Rollins like that legit surely? Work.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Deadpool posted:

I don't want to really burst your bubble, but it's likely that wasn't even Arnold writing that. These social ambassador things are more likely just advertising stunts where they have someone else log into their accounts and post during Raw. Like there's no way for one second I believe that Larry King was actually live tweeting Raw last week.

Then explain why I was hearing it in Arnold voice in my head? That's right you can't. Checkmate.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I was going to ask if it was DDP yoga!

Wow. DDP may have literally saved Jake the Sanem's life with his awesomeness. DDP is the best.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
YES! YES! YES!

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Man it was like 6 weeks ago that Aries was arguably the most popular wrestler outside of the WWE. How quickly one man can fall from grace. Deservedly so mind you.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Why are all three of them in Perth? Are they booked to compete or something? Is there a chance I could see some decent rasslin in Brisbane? Answer me!

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Scotty 2 Hotty so I better put some water on it.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Don't get the Zack hate. He's just way too likeable. He's a fan turned performer that got treated like poo poo by the WWE brass despite being over enough to be able to book on autopilot and is understandably sad about it. Sympathy is warranted.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

getitoffgetitoff posted:

The sympathy was sorta lost the moment everybody realized that he's kinda dull outside of the Internet stuff. There are so many people on the roster that deserve a push before Zack Ryder that it's not even funny.

It is pretty funny that they wasted Hugh Jackman on him though.

I think Zack has the talent to make whatever he is lumped with work. He was a nobody floundering so he came up with the Guido schtick and got that over all on his own. A reinvented Zack Ryder as a discerning father that disagrees with the shenanigans of the Gen Y WWE would be pretty funny. Give him spectacles and a cardigan and I bet he'd make it work.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

really!?!?!

Sign him up

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is he really 6'5 and 285? poo poo.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Let's not forget that Val Venis was pretty awesome. Seriously choppy choppy my pee pee was something that had me legit worried for a week and his entrance music was among the best of all. His finisher was also pretty rockin. The Money Shot! Lol what a name. He used hit that splash pretty hard as well, especially for a bigger dude. Venis fan here.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Just in case you've forgotten how funny it is. Watch his Titantron video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVYfjKjICPc

The song is also awesome.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Evan Bourne still exists?

And who is this Samoan Joe character?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Ric Flair
Harley Race
Iron Shiek
Green Lantern Fan

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Maximus Stratus Fisico. That kid don't even have to change his name when he hits WWE. Gym rat gimmick for sure.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Basic Chunnel posted:

NXT guy Xavier Woods promoted a petition to get Big Show "re-hired" so Big E. started his own "Why Not Woods" petition in response... http://twitition.com/6rqcp/

Lol I hope this somehow gets Big E and Xavier Woods injected into the angle.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
That's a rare example I have seen of the person that is less coherent being correct on Twitter.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I have a Fedora that's too small for my head. If it fit me I'd wear it. They look cool on big fat cunts with beards.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

I Before E posted:

If this is a joke, it's not very funny.

Is it funny if it's not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

I Before E posted:

If you're being serious, it's hilarious.

Okay let's go with that.