Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

To be fair, Steiner was one of the relatively useless castoffs they brought in at the expense of younger talent and was given ample time in the ring to wrestle bad matches for a, compared to the undercard, enormous paycheck.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hirams Bitch posted:

Hogan and Bischoff suck but also Scott Steiner sucks. It would be best if we never heard from any of them again.

Just some food for thought.

The moment we stop hearing from Scott Steiner is the moment wrestling is dead.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

So 5 years max.

Give or take.

-edit-

Over/under, as we say.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's part of a larger number that Eric owns, guys. Comeon, this is day one stuff.

:confused:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Well we have confirmation or something!

More specifically, the Gold Club trial from like 5 years ago. http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1237371

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Way to be a dick

Seriously, couldn't even spell Bret's name right when it's right there in front of him!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sears Poncho posted:

:what: Holy hell one guy that replied to that has a twitter that is some kind of shrine to AJ. Twitter should automatically hand out restraining orders or something.

This is disturbingly more common than you 'd think, and his is relatively tame compared to some. The best ones have a running total of the number of times the object of their affection has RTd/mentioned them in their profile quote

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Also, at least one person's car gets crushed flat every week.

It's Daniel Bryan and his new chant just becomes "WHY? WHY? WHY?"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Akileese posted:

That's so loving dumb and entirely against the point of twitter. Why would you NOT want people to see what's trending worldwide above all else (especially since it's basically just one giant advertising site)?

Because now they can tailor advertising to its own demographic?

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 2, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He's a fake Harlem Globetrotter. He's right in there with Sweetwater Clifton, Medowlark Lemon, Goose Tatum, Curley Johnson, and Nuggie Watkins for standard Globetrotter names.

His name is ridiculous because it's supposed to be.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

But his movies... they make like a zillion dollars so that means he's the greatest of all time, right?!

I think it was more a comparison of budget, but even that aside James Cameron is a good director.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I was happy about The Stro following me until I followed him and he was preaching almost every day and tweeting bible verses.

Then I just felt like I was offending him every time I said something because well I tend to say offensive things on twitter. Sorry Stro our twitter bro friendship was not meant to be.

I was never even following The Stro and he still kept tagging me in tweets and linking me to videos he made. All of them were :stare: as gently caress.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jose Canseco posted:

What is @wwe Raw 1000 espisode without jose Canseco. Just wasn't right

Still bummed nothing ever came from his brief talks with TNA :(

oatgan fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 26, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suppose JTG knows he has no other avenue for change given his status in the company and his only way of actually changing anything is through public awareness? WWE has been shamed into change before.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lance Storm is dumb.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

maniacripper posted:

What's the story behind this?

They apparently never broke character once during their entire try-out with WWE. There were similar reports during their time in TNA.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

njsykora posted:

JOB Squad 2012 here we go.

Take This Job And Shove It

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Colt is awesome

lmao yeah what a loving whore

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Don't forget Ball Mahoney and Mike Knox!

I read this and asked myself "what is Mike Knox up to these days?" and came upon this

quote:

On April 7, 2008, a child in Locust Grove, Georgia discovered a stash of steroids, testosterone, human growth hormones, receipts for travel and science lab information hidden in the attic of his family's home which Hettinga used to occupy with another wrestler. Also found was a contract from the WWE, and a memorandum to WWE wrestlers in 2004 about their new dress code policy. Hettinga has given a statement to the police to the effect that the items were not his.[33]
[edit]

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

Is he implying Natalya is smelly? That's sexist and insensitive! :qq:

She does fart a whole lot

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

This subforum is hilariously easy to troll.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1As4UVCkkKk

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's pretty much his job to hype what he's doing. While I, and every sane person, would agree that the Kevin Nash/Triple H involvement in his push was stupid, he be a loving moron to say "I agree, you shouldn't buy this PPV because the angles are hot dogshit"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Cena would have done the video

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If I was in CM Punk's shoes and some dude rolled up and asked me to film something "for my daughter" (or whatever reason he gives as to why he wants to take up my time) and didn't preface it with "please", he'd be lucky if I only stuck to condescension and didn't use the opportunity to make a video telling the guy's daughter "your dad's a completely rude shithead, so please don't grow up to be like him."

gently caress's sake, I say "please" to people at stores and restaurants when I ask for something, and they're getting paid to give me good service. Dude deserved exactly what he got.
I dunno this seems a mite excessive

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CanadianJericholeaf posted:

PSP: Where we fantasy book CM Punk's personal life.
I'll bet he's friends with Dean Ambrose

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Little Mac posted:

In response to no one at all.

It was part of a longer series of tweets about Haters

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

getitoffgetitoff posted:

I thought Riley got depushed for sandbagging Swagger.

Sandbagging implies some kind of malice and forethought I'm not willing to contribute to Riley's pure incompetence

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I am missing something with regard to the Bryan Alvarez/LFC disagreement or slapfight or whatever is going on. All I can see is Bryan called him "P" instead of "F", but it's clear there's more. Can I get the quick story?

Bryan said that with the ppv, Raw, Super Smackdown, and Main Event/Tribute to the Troops all on consecutive nights that it was too much wrestling and hard to sit through after a while. LFC accused him of not liking wrestling if all that was such a chore to watch. Bryan took issue with that accusation because he loves wrestling as it is pretty much all he lives for and asked for an apology on the B&V show yesterday.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wanna be like Tom when I grow up, holy poo poo. :unsmith:

Working a dead-end job and shot in the face?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Having a million followers on twitter does mean absolutely nothing. Another in a long line of heels who tell the truth. Yawn.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sir Jebus posted:

It should mean something to the WWE, considering how SOCIALLY ACTIVE they are.

How many subscribers does he have on tout, though? That's where the real money is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tongster posted:

Has there been any forewarning for how funny Big E Langston is? Or has he just appeared out of the ether to produce hand-to-god comic gold?

None whatsoever from his early days in developmental before he got his title run push, then his promos from FCW (especially the 5 one) have this seemingly self-aware of their absurdity charisma but that only stands out in hindsight. Then he showed up on RAW as an unflinching :stare: enforcer which was hilarious in its own way. Then he had a personality one day and it's been all downhill from there.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

It wouldn't be a wrestling fan vote without someone throwing a shitfit that fans didn't vote the way they where supposed to.

It's their own fault for allowing unlimited voting, but if it boils down to Lufisto getting a shot, or some nobodies from Delaware who probably suck I'll let it slide.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

That CM Punk fellow sure is edgy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

I might actually watch WWE again if El Generico doesn't get wasted with some ironically generic gimmick. :stare:

Isn't his whole schtick an ironically generic gimmick? It's right there in the name!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He never said anything bad about DDP, though. Kevin Nash just correctly brought up that without medical professionals overseeing the detox process Scott Hall would likely die because some idiots on twitter thought otherwise.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think my only issue with Nash isn't so much what he's saying (as a former social worker, I've seen and heard some stories that would make most folks shake their heads in terms of alternative methods of kicking drugs and booze), but rather, the way he's chosen to say it. It has nothing to do with being a mark, people just want this to succeed and Kevin needs to realize that. Nobody wants Scott to die. Nash's issue here is probably that he's a bit too close to the situation.

I think his "This is my friend's life, not some PSA" tweet is the best indicator of where he's coming from on this.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh like how Kurt got upset at Orton "stealing" the Angle Slam from him?

He was so upset he started using an RKO as a transitional move for a few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Semiru posted:

I wouldn't mind having JR back - is it possible his recent commentary hasn't been the best due to being rusty?

JR's return to commentary last year was lackluster because he wasn't getting a word in ever. Cole was still the one doing play by play so there wasn't really anything for him to do expect spout catchphrases and rattle off the occasional home town of a wrestler ala "The Professor" Mike Tenay. It was a shame because he is really very good at his job when they let him do it, and Cole is really very bad at his.