Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't think I suggested that though? In fact I feel quite the opposite, I'm beyond glad that Hogan's influence thus far has been limited to getting his untalented daughter a job she doesn't deserve. It sucks, sure, but it's certainly a hell of a lot less worse than him getting jobs for his daughter and all the other hangers-on and yes-men that continue to attach themselves to him like remoras on a shark.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you did, I just enjoy piling on Hogan because he's a twat. That being said, he did get The Nasty Boys significant TV time in a really bad feud with the Dudleys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What makes it even better is Kobald photobombing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

So he traded in Eli Cottonwood for Brodie Lee? That's a pretty great deal!

That is the wrestling equivalent of trading a bag of baseballs for a solid no.2 hitter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ultramantis Black posted:

Spectral Envoy vs Submission Squad in Round 1 of KOT. If they're the Subs, I guess that makes us the Doms. Well, I'll try anything once.

Bless Mantis' black heart.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So why other then, personal favor, maybe?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If you need a reason, however, consider that when he wrestled Chris Daniels the last time he got canned, he did a spot where he did 3 consecutive superplexes on different turnbuckles...and got a 2 count. He also got a 2 from a twist of fate and put Daniels away with a choke called "The Scar".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
:drat: Wade is one cold bastard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
From the impression other workers give about the Miz, there might be a reason that dog hosed off.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I would watch the gently caress out of a movie featuring Rock and Simon Pegg.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kevin Nash posted:

The Tupac hologram was genius, this Ryan hologram seems to have a matrix glitch.

Nash with an :iceburn:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Might just be Ambrose making him look good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Nash is on a roll lately.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So dumb he had to post it twice!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Those people have their heads up their asses. He has plenty to offer. There are a crapload of guys on the WWE roster who are worse then he is and have bigger pushes and better contracts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He was the face in that feud. The reason it started though was that Cabana tried to use street lingo during a segment of "Good Times, Great Memories", and Homicide took offence and beat the poo poo out of him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Who's the woman to the left of Brigitte Nielsen

That's Sandman's ex-wife.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cena's promos during the first Punk feud helped sell the thing. He was the perfect foil to elevate Punk.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That explains a lot, actually.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And just generally looking like dogshit in the ring.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
drat near killed Ricky Steamboat, and he may have injured CM Punk.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I distinctly remember PSP being in absolute shock over that decisive, clean as a sheet victory in the GDT thread.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Let's ask Fit Finlay that question. Being put through a table ended his career, because it sliced up his leg.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's comforting to know.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Matt Hardy just said something vaguely clever and accurate. Alert the media.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gotta like how even with the way his twitter is set up, Sandow finds a way to put a friend over :unsmith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A dumb idiot...as opposed to all those smart idiots?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The real reason the Pope resigned is because he knew nothing he has done or will ever do could even remotely compare to the saintliness of DDP. :c00lbert:

Also, he did not want to feel the BANG.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It puts him above Khali, which is a start. If he promos like he twitters, we have a genuine winner on our hands.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think my only issue with Nash isn't so much what he's saying (as a former social worker, I've seen and heard some stories that would make most folks shake their heads in terms of alternative methods of kicking drugs and booze), but rather, the way he's chosen to say it. It has nothing to do with being a mark, people just want this to succeed and Kevin needs to realize that. Nobody wants Scott to die. Nash's issue here is probably that he's a bit too close to the situation.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaylord Plower posted:

I think his "This is my friend's life, not some PSA" tweet is the best indicator of where he's coming from on this.

Totally, which is why I'm trying to be pretty careful with my words in being critical of his actions. He wants his friend to be healthy and happy and he's skeptical. That's normal. The thing about Nash is he's a pretty bright guy. And he likely has more understanding of Hall's situation then ANYBODY.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The best Striker moment is when Sheamus won his first WWE title completely clean in a tables match over Cena, Lawler and Cole start babbling about some sort of conspiracy, and Striker makes this face like "See what I have to work with? Can you believe these chucklefucks?"

Somebody made a gif, if I recall.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The first two were really drat funny.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Oh wow, this demands another Bryan vs Regal match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Del Rio once said that his best friend in WWE on the road is Drew McIntyre.

That'd be a fun heel tag team.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Now I wanna hear Zeke's story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

I'm kind of curious what Foley will say - is that morbid?

Dude Love said posted:

Seems like only yesterday, though it was almost 25 years ago, that I was baby-sitting Percy Pringle's children. #RIPPaulBearer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

And that he gets along so well with Corey Ledesma. My god, the SMUGNESS...

Supposedly, Kevin Dunn is a Miz fan so take that for what it's worth...

To the degree that he refused to debut Miz as a heel because he thought Miz was "too good looking" and the crowd wouldn't buy it.

Right. Because there's never been ANY successful pretty boy heels in wrestling. And that's assuming one even cottons to the idea that Miz is a good looking guy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

It also has him talking with his son and there seems to be no bad feelings between the two.

That right there makes it all worth it. There's still time for Scott to be there for him, especially if his son is open to letting him in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Creepily enough, Colt Cabana is being harassed by a guy he made fun of on twitter for sending dick pics to one of the divas. And every time one of Colt's followers joins in, the pervy guy calls them a neckbeard. It's strangely entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It was in a way, look at TNA's roster.