Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Deleted already

Basically this

https://twitter.com/ShirleighShirlz/status/1263915648675168257

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I took it as “you can’t say all lives matter until black lives matter” which would be a very correct thing, especially coming from Randall Keith

This is also how I took it. What a wild time to be alive

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

The fact that Fred Yehi hasn't gotten a serious look anywhere is absolutely mindblowing.

Once GCW comes back, Treehouse Lee is gonna generate some serious buzz I think.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I just want the return of the Long Island Iced Z

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Joe Coffey

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Wait where’s the Travis Banks discussion?

https://twitter.com/MillieMcKenzie0/status/1273728439435042816

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

DM Punk posted:

Wonder what this is all about.

There was a tweet about a guy filming a documentary for CHIKARA and an unnamed wrestler sexually assaulted his wife by the gimmick table in 2015(?) and was dismissed. Sharp stopped wrestling for CHIKARA in 2016. But the tweet might've said he got dismissed immediately, I don't remember

edit - ah nvm, look above

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I think I saw him show up more recently as a guy who carried Velveteen Dream's throne than I did on a wrestling show and that was at least a year or two ago.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

WrasslorMonkey posted:

What a loving amateur

golden

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I still love that a crazy old man who has no idea who Joey Janella is tried defending Cornette, found out he was wrong, and immediately decided he was just going to insert himself into a barbed wire cage death match against Janella, who of all promoters is just as confused as the rest of us

He also challenged David Starr. His timeline needs to be preserved for the last 48 hours alone

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

JR has said some lovely things on commentary at times, but I don’t believe he’s malicious and he is certainly ignorant about a number of things. It’s clear that he’s already made leaps and bounds of progress over this last year and its great to see him in an environment that isn’t extremely toxic and where he can listen and learn from a lot of his younger colleagues

He's got decades and decades of poo poo embedded in him that he's been trying his damnedest to re-educate himself about. I don't think JR will ever be perfect, but he's trying and that's more than you can say for the majority of his generation.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

A quick glance at Dave's twitter shows he's been RTing Speaking Out stories and might be trying to put something together for more female wrestlers to speak out.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Seams posted:

are tweets not embedding properly for anybody else

same. text shows up, but just as plain text and not tweeter tweet text

the boards are falling apart

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm convinced Trent wants to actually die inside of a wrestling ring on purpose.

Reminded me of this gem

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1176226955240398850?s=21

I'm fairly certain I heard on a podcast somewhere that when Trent was wrestling in Japan, he actually was hoping to get some injury so he could have his pec or bicep or something checked out at the same time so that NJPW could cover it vs. actually going on his own.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

DangerDummy! posted:

Aside from one match of his, the only thing I see from Nick Gage is what you all post in this thread, and I'm inclined to think he's the loving best.

Yeah, Gage absolutely rules. His match vs. Rickey Shane Page from earlier this year was incredible and has put on some absolute bangers with non-deathmatch wrestlers like Tony Deppen and Jake Atlas. Him and Eddie Kingston are the like the only guys where I buy into their personas. It's also a hoot watching interviews with Gage where he comes across as such a good guy.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

karmicknight posted:

It very much is not, actually.

unrelated, still glad Dr. Baker knows the coolest image of her

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1284942941425983490

Hands down one of the top AEW moments of 2020 imo. This moment and match completely sold me on Britt. Kind of think it deserves to be in the intro video too if it's not already I can't recall.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Kingston is the king of "I grew up in the school of hard knocks" stuff. His Art of Wrestling episode is great. Dude is in the Dusty/Flair boat for me where everything he says, I always believe.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, as I recall, the story went that it was Arn Anderson telling them to slow down, saying they were gonna make the boys look bad. And that Jericho was nearby and spoke up, saying "then the boys need to step it up" or words to that effect.

I think it's also regarding McCool/Melina or maybe Beth and someone? But I also recall two women coming up with a neat spot, pitching it, not being allowed to use it, and then the men used the exact same spot later on in the night.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Pretty sure on one of the podcasts Mox joked about Renee being the breadwinner since she, at the time, was pulling WWE and FOX paychecks (and maybe a 3rd?).

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

holy poo poo. i just watched his crazy match against John Walters a few weeks ago. I was really pumped to see him on that ROH past and present show.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Mark Jindrak wrestling John Cena for the AEW World Championship would be kind of crazy

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What didn't click for Jindrak in WWE? Guy was super talented, young enough to wash away the "WCW stink" and was nearly in Evolution. That vertical leap into a diving clothesline looked fantastic.

I assume since his attitude supposedly robbed him of being in Evolution, that might've been enough for them to just write him off completely. Especially when it's you vs. Trips/Flair/Orton.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/elpwrestling/status/1314661855164473344?s=21

this trolling/teasing will be the death of me because i'm going to bite every single time

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Neat that he wore AEW trunks i suppose

and that's about it. cannot wait for the day where they give him an actual opponent

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Spermgod posted:

u guys are loving weird

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

God this clip A. Makes me miss Super Dragon and B. what a crowd. Cannot wait for them to return.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I feel like you can pretty much tattoo whatever on your legs and it'll be fine vs. tattoos on your arms/torso/NECK, so this rules

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Domino's gang

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I had to have been watching WWE at this point and have absolutely zero memory of this what the gently caress

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Huh, just saw his Instagram has been p. active lately too. I imagine there might be a return for him soon? ugh

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Luther risking arrest to give the people what they want.

https://twitter.com/KillLutherKill/status/1345508827731550208

You have slowly converted me to the Luther fan club and I love him. I hope he is the first in the AEW Hall of Fame one day.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Just a casual near-million voting for Ethan Page in a very serious and not jokey poll

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Held out hope for so long that we'd get a Super Dragon vs. Biff Busick one on one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

duckdealer posted:

I've always found Barnett to be very arrogant and hypocritical.

I love Bloodsport but not surprised to see him being a dick.

He comes off as very tryhard. Seems MMA fighters turned wrestling are either really laid back or annoying, no real inbetween.