Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan may be the first person to receive their walking papers via twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Honestly, the best thing for the wrestling world would be for WWE to keep factory pumping talent and only occasionally signing top indie talent. Every once in a while they are going to find an exceptional athlete like Ziggler and Swagger who just get the wrestling thing fast and become good hands for them, but otherwise they'll have a truck load of leftover GQ models and guys who wanted to be in MMA but couldn't find to choose from and pay as independent contractors. That would leave the wrestlers to, you know, wrestle. Maybe the life won't be as glamourous but at least they won't have to hear some guy in the middle of the ring say they FIGHT instead of WRESTLE.

I am sure that is what they will tell themselves when they think about how much money they are missing out on or how it sucks not having any income when you are injured due to no downsides. But hey, at least we can use the word WRESTLE.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Zaqtaro posted:

I'll be surprised if Jacque'll still have a job tonight, he went nuts on Pearce like an idiot.

Explain what happened in great detail.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hiram posted:

Welp. I know what I need to become now. A wrestlelady.

Wrestling fans are from lower income brackets and thus you would get the trashiest obsessed fan gifts. Aim for a higher income bracket of creepy*.

*Seriously there is nothing wrong with this. I do not want to discourage this type of behavior as it indirectly benefits me. Just please do not stalk these women or hope to ever have sex or be buddies with them because that leads to very bad times.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

Are you gonna dig up Reagan's corpse so you can shoot it and impress Sara Del Rey?

You obsess over female wrestlers and it's creepy.

DM Punk, if you do this you will also impress me and I once talked to Allison Danger so I am basically SHIMMER.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Do you buy stuff for male wrestlers from Amazon Wishlists?

Does Amazon sell beer and chicken killing supplies? If so I think we should all buy that for the Briscoes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

Maybe it's me but I also think it's weird that these people are putting up open wishlists. I know they are poor artists but drat.

It is never weird to get free stuff. I know people who make six figures and put up wish lists because it is just a smart thing to do. Everyone likes free stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guys, I don't want to back seat mod but in the interest of not seeing half of the wrestling posters probated it may be a good idea to chill out on the twitter drama before Hulkamatt unfollows you all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flameingblack posted:

This is apparently pretty old, but someone brought it up to my attention. Wade Barrett has a scar under his right arm. Ever wonder how he got that scar?

I wish that they would have let Barrett keep part of the Bareknuckle fighter in his gimmick. Same with Tarver's "1.8" gimmick. In both cases, Big Show vetoed those parts of their gimmick so as not to infringe on his "Knockout Punch"

I have never seen it reported that Big Show vetoed anything. It has been WWE policy in general not to have infringing gimmicks, names, etc. It was a higher up call in Tarver's case and Wade's initial "gimmick" didn't fit with what they wanted for Wade. The term bare-knuckle fighter was fairly silly to hear in the context of pro wrestling anyway. Every wrestler is a bare knuckle fighter.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Moose Bigelow posted:

They are naming him after a variety of cracker?

Crackers are pretty lame.

They should call him Hydrox.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Well, at least nothing can be more pathetic and desperate than that Gabe tweet. So we've got that going fo-

:negative:

Wait, what Gabe tweet?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edwardian posted:

If the new WWE Network gave Austin a show like " River Monsters," where he just traveled the world hunting down mythological monsters (Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, Sasquatch, whatever), I would buy a lifetime subscription.

Since I am sure they want as much cheap content as possible I bet they could do a show where he hunted down legendary Texas ghosts and monsters. There has to be enough for a full season.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sionistic posted:

I thought it was Rhaka stalking kurt

No, Kurt was arrested for that but it turned out to be the one crazy thing he didn't do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

The Legends House thing is worth about 4-6 weeks of decent TV. 12-16 of 'could actually air' TV. But other than that, NXT/Superstars, and rerunning classic tapes and WWE films, they have literally no other programming. Which is fine for an On-Demand service like 24/7, but an actual real cable station needs new-ish content for at least 8 hours a day.

Other than sports and news stations, what cable networks put out 8 hours of new content per day? Even most sports networks don't! USA puts out 4-8 hours of new content per week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea I'm not super optimistic about the channel either but I can't think of any station that puts out 8 hours a day unless it's a "Here's today's football game, now the other, now some college football" station. Most channels have like, a real small window of brand new content coming out a day, you can very easily pad out your lineup with 'classic episodes' of wrestling and all and no one would feel different than any other station.

And that is all I want. I want a lot of old wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I'd love to get some old wrestling too but not before its hits the WWE sanitizing block. I scored a copy of the Starrcade 85(a personal favorite), straight from the original airing and it was amazing what WWE edited out for their 24/7 broadcast. It wasn't just music but entrances and portions of matches.

They may just be airing the commercial release. Those tended to be extremely edited down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

the VHS release had like 5 minutes of the undercard matches and maybe 20 minutes of the main event.

the WWE 24/7 release was somewhere in between that and the actual PPV release.

I'd stumbled upon a copy of the PPV release and it was 45 minutes longer than the WWE 24/7.

That's really weird. I can see why you might cut out entrances, but why make other edits you don't have to. I do think they wouldn't have time to edit everything for the network.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does Julius Smokes have twitter? If he does I can't wait for:

@JTrainNYC posted:

@chikaraKingston you aint no puerto rican you a dominican!

Eddie's twitter is suspended an hour later.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raeg posted:

I hope he posts it every year for the rest of his career.

He should cycle through his gimmicks year by year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PunkBoy posted:

Poor AJ :smith:

Uh, AJ the dude is not the idiot in this conversation... you are.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

How?

People know pro wrestling is fake, and know when a pro wrestler is walking around with a neckbrace that it is fake. Wrestlers aren't exactly the best actors.

Let's imagine this conversation:

Fan: You are in ECW?
Joel Gertner: Why yes I am.
Fan: But you are fat, completely unathletic and out of shape, won't you get hurt?
Joel: I'm wearing a neckbrace...

It was lovely of them to laugh at her, but in the end she seems shocked at their idiocy because of her kayfabe neckbrace.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

So you actually think that AJ walks around with a fake neckbrace on all the time and that the conversation she tweeted actually happened?

I would hope she was doing something as simple as wearing a neckbrace in public if she was wearing one on TV. If it didn't, she made up a stupid story that makes her look dumb... Not seeing where she's not an idiot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fart Radio posted:

So you'd rather have her acknowledge that the neckbrace is fake, hence breaking kayfabe? You've drawn a strange line, here. You must uphold kayfabe in public, but only until someone asks you about it. Then, you must admit wrestling is fake or else you're an idiot.

That's fine, she should act like it is real. Typically when people post those kind of stories online it is to show what unobservant idiots people are. In this case if she thought these guys were dumb for asking if she gets hurt while she's wearing a neckbrace for a kayfabe injury, she's the one who isn't too bright.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

So what, they cannot find three people to like Sting? Really?

They can't find any good reasons he was a draw (he was a massive flop as champion in the early 90s as WCW lost lots of money and hasn't moved business in TNA) outside of one PPV, he wasn't really that good of a wrestler, and wasn't some innovator who changed the business.

He was a pretty good worker when he cared who was in a lot of main events because WCW had no one else.

You need 60% of the votes in your respective category to get into the WO HOF. Sting has peaked in the 40s, usually in the 20s. As for old school guys, there is a large number of voters in that category as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cracky posted:

for posterity

Is it already that time of the year for TNA to run a Sting retirement angle?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Hopefully he wasn't trying to be funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

He didn't challenge Puder, though. Puder is an rear end in a top hat who took advantage of a work on live television. In a fight they were both expecting, I think Angle would do better for himself.

That said, he's insane and I'm really afraid that he'll either die in the ring or kill himself in the next year or two.

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lone Rogue posted:

Except Williams was a hell of a lot older carrying a lot more weight against much better strikers and even with all that said, I'd consider Blackman's martial arts experienced much more valuable than William's amateur ability. Jack Swagger is an ALL AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN but would you put him up against a guy with Blackman's credentials?

Steve Blackman's martial arts background was mostly in martial arts that are useless, or were useless in B4A. The only two useful skills in B4A were takedowns and boxing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Spin kicks are useless in no scenarios.

But stick twirling is useless if you aren't near a forest.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Aren't hashtags of decreasing importance on twitter? Why are they doing this n... oh, right, Vince.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

Tommy Dreamer hopes if people respect Cena for losing then someone will finally respect him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

90% sure Ring Ka King was all taped and nobody is on a contract at the moment.

It is all filmed but they have guys under contracts just in case they get a season two.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Or she was engaging in some clever word play.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

thesteelhellion posted:

He doesn't even hold a grudge against Goldberg for ending his career with that stiff as gently caress mule kick.

Accidents happen in wrestling and that wasn't the only thing that ended his career, working through the concussion and suffering multiple concussions in hardcore matches a week or two later made it impossible for him to ever wrestle again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

that vin gerard guy is following me but ive never tweeted at or about him, and in fact have never seen one of his matches

He sounds lonely.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Alright, which one of you goons is Vin Gerard?

If it wasn't obvious from my opinion of CHIKARA, I am Vin Gerard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frot Lesnar posted:

Steiner might think 609 = sixty nine instead of six oh nine.

That would be incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the best non-Steiner thing ever to be posted to Twitter.

"bats"

Sorry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DMPunk posted:

When did I becomes a pedo exactly?

If it makes you feel better I didn't think that was a real quote from you, even before I scrolled up to make sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

Masks provide an additional piece of merch, so I don't understand why more companies don't endorse them. Plus they're easy character. Guy sucks at promos? Give him a mask with no mouth hole. Guy looks completely generic, but is good at wrestling? Give him a colorful mask. And a cape! Wrestling also needs more capes.

A great deal of American wrestling is built around facial expressions and you lose a lot of that with a mask.