Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

https://twitter.com/sexymisslizz/status/215272617215660032 A word of caution, it's exactly what you might expect.

Expected a Miss Elizabeth gimmick account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Akileese posted:

That's so loving dumb and entirely against the point of twitter. Why would you NOT want people to see what's trending worldwide above all else (especially since it's basically just one giant advertising site)?

You are a man who is passionate about his Justin Bieber trends.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

He's saying you say the same stuff all the time in the indie thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Has Lance Storm always been a massive idiot about mental illness and depression or is it a recent thing?

Maybe, but he's always been iffy with the whole jokes thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh Lance Storm, please don't talk about anything other than why wrestling is bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bocc Kob posted:

You guys are disputing having a lovely diet can lead to poor health? :psyduck:

Chemicals in your food are not evil and organic food is not the key to health. Prescription drugs make people better, not worse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I am happy people are starting to accept Lance Storm is a loving idiot.

I am going to burn my Lance Storm: Calgary Alberta Canada shirt, who wants to join me?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. TNA is putting on better programming than before, but let's not loving kid ourselves here.

EDIT: Like seriously. Punk is presumably a multi-millionaire, the longest reigning WWE champion (which, despite how they treat it lately, is historically the greatest prize a wrestler can hold and I dare anyone to dispute that) in a long time and in like, is in the top 5 longest since the Hogan era or something, probably borders on household name or is getting closer anyway, makes late night talk show rounds, and is on the cover of a loving video game.

Joe is still in an admittedly improving TNA and MAY be in the title picture.

DOUBLE EDIT: MAYBE the NWA title is more prestigious historically but that's been poo poo longer than WWE's has, and on a deeper level, too.

I am pretty sure CM Punk making more for his WM title match than Joe makes in a year is totally overwhelmed by TNA being booked well for a few months.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Just curious, how did he gently caress up a main event just because of timing it?

They were doing a 30 minute draw but were a couple of seconds late for the big top rope spot that would end the match. He started counting down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 as they were setting up the spot. Because he got a number of fans chanting too they couldn't just fudge the time (or who knows, maybe he was wrong with his timing in the first place) because the fans all thought the match was over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Leading to Misawa looking around confused and angry.

Does anyone have a full account of it because I remember there being talk of him getting banned for a while, this causing problems between NOAH and ROH and other such things.

Seriously gently caress a guy who gets to go to see wrestling legends work a great match and you spend it looking at a stopwatch.

He got into a tiff with security at another show and it led to him almost getting banned.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oatgan posted:

I was never even following The Stro and he still kept tagging me in tweets and linking me to videos he made. All of them were :stare: as gently caress.

Create a playlist of them for Tuesday.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

So tonight I found Michael Schiavello is a huge Star Wars fan:

https://twitter.com/schiavellovoice/status/226142858346913792

Sweet, more things he's probably insufferable about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kevin Nash is working all of you every time he makes himself look stupid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Actually, I think you'll find Controversy creates cash is on the level of Atlas Shrugged and the Fountain head, twitter user coconono"

He's pretty terrible but someone is writing the current TNA and I don't know who it would be other than Bischoff.

Finally something Eric Bischoff and I agree with.

Bischoff is actually uninvolved with TNA right now on a day to day basis, he's doing some reality project. That's why he was written off during the spring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So who is going to tweet at Kurt and remind him he was fired because he was a junkie who wouldn't go to rehab?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone should ask Nash what his fascination with large men is all about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CM Punk is going to post his salary and then Kurt Angle is going to kill himself :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lance Storm is whining that the fans disrespected the Game.

Fantastic logic there, Lance.

Well we know that LA does not have the most respectful fans in wrestling! I don't even understand the author thing... or any of this, people chant that all the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dude made up the character himself, might be another MVP situation.

I don't know what it is about the WWE but they tend to get really great personalities and guys that can get over on their own and then they decide to do nothing with them. Zack should threaten to leave if he's making that much money for them on merch. You've got to use the leverage when you're dealing with Vince.

MVP created his character outside of WWE and pitched it to them. If you create a character under contract it becomes WWE's intellectual property.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirams Bitch posted:

Ha, just imagine it, Raven is in the box. He opens the box and there is Raven. Raven is actually the present. The dog is all expecting a bone or maybe a squeaky toy, but instead there is a full sized human, and that human is Raven. And then the dog is in the Nest/Flock! Such an absurd and hilarious premise. I can't stop laughing at all the absurdity, and also the hilariousness. A dog opens a present, and it is Raven that is inside the present. Big time laughs had by all, except Tommy Dreamer because now his dog is in the Nest/Flock, so Tommy is kind of sad, but still has some little laughs, because the situation is so unexpected and humorous!

And who can forget all of the classic angles of members of Tommy's family joining up with Raven, so it's just all the more perfect! Tommy will love it. Plus the dog is dying so it will be even funnier!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Does anyone know what Lance Storm thinks about Chikara? I kinda wanna see him vs. Mecha Mummy.

He thinks it sucks. Lance has some good opinions.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Lance also a vaccine denier? I seem to remember his saying something about that.

I haven't heard anything like that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

He's never said it sucks that I've heard, just that it's not his thing (ie, not 100% serious at all times).

He's not an anti-vaccine person, but he is very anti-pharmaceutical as a whole.

I am pretty sure he's said he really doesn't like it and thinks stuff like that is bad for the business. I remember someone asked him after Les gave his thoughts that he hates CHIKARA and Les and Lance agree on a lot of things.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lance is a miserable old gently caress and a really over rated wrestler. Can anyone think of any truly great Lance Storm matches?

w/ Jericho vs the Heavenly Bodies in SMW
w/ Credible vs Lynn/RVD in ECW
vs Bryan Danielson in ROH
vs Chris Hero in ROH

He did some good stuff in Japan and in the Rockies as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So why other then, personal favor, maybe?

They were originally going to bring in Flair so I guess they felt they needed to bring in some "name" to compensate.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dr. Video Games 0055 posted:

Right now, Eric Bischoff is pulling a Joey Styles and posting a few anti-Obama tweets. He's claiming that Obama makes Carter look good in addition to having no experience. I really cannot say I'm surprised with Bischoff having these kind of political views.

You shouldn't be since he's been saying this stuff for years and is very pro Tea Party.

The inexperienced thing is pretty amazing though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maniacripper posted:

As someone who got rich spending someone else's money the Tea Party is about right. It's the only vessel that contain cognitive dissonance that massive.

That isn't fair to Eric. He is also rich due to a long career in television production, riding the coat tails of the other kid on The Wonder Years. If you add together all of the episodes of the failed shows they've produced you'd probably get enough for a syndication run.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The opposite... so he's holding an ineffective move done by a jobber? Cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He is holding a sizable penis.

Wait a second... so Wade Barrett is saying that his penis is large and implying that Sheamus has a tiny penis? :roflolmao:

Wade Barrett :xd: :swoon: he's just so dreamy!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Your ability to massacre the funny from jokes is approaching Lone Rogue territory.

Congrats you got it.

Also Colt's tweet is totally uncool and I expected more from him. I'm not sure why but I did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Colt isn't in ROH because it makes no sense for him to be in ROH.

He commands a high fee for an indie wrestler and ROH is never going to push him to a level that they are paying him. He's always going to be "a guy" who sometimes has a feud and sometimes gets a random title shot.

For him, he'd be in a position that would limit the kind of dates he can do (but he could still tour overseas, ROH always lets guys do that) but be in a spot where he's just going to be on a treadmill.

Generico was out of ROH because they were clearly just waiting for the right time to bring him back for a hot feud with Steen. He's back in ROH now so it clearly wasn't because of tours.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CM Punk is taking coolness tips from Tim Sylvia.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Saul Goode posted:

I didn't say he was a bad worker. Cena is a pretty decent worker who is absolutely appalling at almost every other aspect of being a wrestler, which makes him overall a lovely wrestler.

Can he sell a feud? No, it's always the same thing. Smirking jackass who takes nothing seriously and won't change at all if he wins or loses. Loser leaves town match? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Gets the poo poo beaten out of him by Brock Lesnar? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Fights the Rock in an epic Wrestlemania Main Event? Doesn't matter, won't sell it. Every opponent is a joke, every match is ultimately meaningless. The entire roster is a pack of chumps compared to Cena, he knows it and the audience have been trained to believe it. Whoever's got Cena's title is just keeping it warm until he wants it again.

How many guys has Cena made? Umaga and.... uhh... uhh... almost ten years on top and he's made less stars than Hulk Hogan.

How many memorable promos has Cena cut? There was that time he... that time he... oh, I think he called someone a doodyhead once. And he smirked a lot. Steve Austin and The Rock's combined main event runs were less than the length of time Cena has been main eventing, and what has he got to show for it? How many clips of "classic" Cena promos will be bookmarked on YouTube in years to come? As many as Austin, The Rock, Hogan, Flair, Dusty Rhodes, HBK, any number of other top level guys you'd care to mention? Not a chance.

John Cena is a blight on the wrestling industry and he can be as much of a nice guy as he wants outside the ring, but it doesn't change the fact that he is one of the worst things to ever happen to professional wrestling.

If anyone made anyone, Cena made Umaga, Edge and Punk. Feuding with and beating Cena elevated all three to main event status.

Memorable promos? He did a fantastic one the night Jerry Lawler had his heart attack that I remember despite it happening the night Jerry Lawler had a heart attack. That was less than two months ago.

As for the rest, that's the way the guy is booked. Hard to blame someone when the company wants him to be a certain character and not show weakness.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suben posted:

What was it because I literally don't remember. Cena's promos in the last however many years and especially the last year or so are a blur of paint by numbers "RESPECT! I DO THIS FOR THE WWE UNIVERSE!" shouty promos mixed with Cena being insufferably smug. The only one that really stands out is the "go puck yourself" promo against Laurinaitis and that's only because of how awful it was especially coming like an hour after Laurinaitis humiliating and firing Big Show and Cena coming out to be Goofy Joke Man instead of coming out earlier to try and help his supposed friend.

I'm going to move this conversation to the WWE thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that people who haven't done something cannot have a valid opinion of something is ridiculous, however...

There is something to be said that the best judge of a worker is the guys in the back, who they think is good and who they most want to work with.

Likewise, talented filmmakers usually know another talented filmmaker, they are inspired by the greats, etc.

(At the same time many don't give a poo poo and are completely ignorant of their profession.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

There are far more countries that have far less religion and this poo poo doesn't happen. Example: all of less religious countries.

There are insane, senseless shootings in all sorts of countries.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I don't know, the Port Arthur Shootings, the Norway shootings last year, school shootings in Germany, there's tons of these loving things. However, this is the twitter thread, so it doesn't matter what happens in countries more or less religious than the US. It just matters that Jay Briscoe isn't very bright.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

So this happened.

Leonard came off as such a dipshit in that exchange after Bryan talked about how much he loved TLC the day before.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

except Ryder is a real awful wrestler and I'm glad he's not on my TV.

He's perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

britishbornandbread posted:

Wait wasn't Big Show's dad already dead by the time of that angle?

Yeah, Andre had been dead for half a decade.