Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

The Simonson Thor Omnibus does not "lie around." It looms.

It fell off the shelf and kapowed me at work. I wandered around for 3 days before my memory came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I had to check amazon.ca because I'm Canadian, and with exchange and poo poo, TFAW is slightly cheaper.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
For anyone waiting on the Night Force Hardcover (anyone? anyone? Nope, just me then) it's been cancelled.

Also, according to the Masterworks board, the second Suicide Squad trade has been delayed with no new date given.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Goddamnit I am sick of preordering books on Amazon. They never ship in proper packaging and every other book I get is damaged.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

TheManWithNoName posted:

Goddamnit I am sick of preordering books on Amazon. They never ship in proper packaging and every other book I get is damaged.

https://www.dcbservice.com

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Glenn Danzig posted:

https://www.dcbservice.com

As long as you want them to ship 15 days after you place an order for an item "in stock".

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I've been thinking about getting into Runaways. I figure I'll start at the beginning but I like my books to collect as much material as possible. Is there an omnibus on the horizon or should I just pick up the hardcovers?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

TheManWithNoName posted:

That really sucks. I always get my stuff from Amazon in a box undamaged, even if it's just a single trade like that book. I'd second trying out dcb/instocktrades because nothing from there has been damaged in shipment either.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

I've been thinking about getting into Runaways. I figure I'll start at the beginning but I like my books to collect as much material as possible. Is there an omnibus on the horizon or should I just pick up the hardcovers?

If the Movie ever materialises then an Omnibus is pretty much a definite. If you're in a rush though I'd go for the HCs

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Random Stranger posted:

As long as you want them to ship 15 days after you place an order for an item "in stock".

My experience is the exact opposite. Even if it takes a little longer to get books from DCBS than amazon, I would rather wait a few days longer and not have my high end, expensive hardcover books arrived thrashed, but to each their own.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Shameless posted:

If the Movie ever materialises then an Omnibus is pretty much a definite. If you're in a rush though I'd go for the HCs

Gracias.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
When are you shipping damnitttttttttt! I want my EC Archives

http://www.amazon.com/Haunt-Fear-Ec-Archives/dp/0983948704/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320059601&sr=1-1

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Just received my first set of bound books. No more sitting in boxes unread and they are so much easier to loan out.

This is going to turn out to be an expensive hobby isn't it? I already have about six more books lined up to be bound for the next batch.

Oh yeah. I had them done here http://www.herringandrobinsonbookbinders.com/index.html

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

wildlele posted:

When are you shipping damnitttttttttt! I want my EC Archives

http://www.amazon.com/Haunt-Fear-Ec-Archives/dp/0983948704/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320059601&sr=1-1

Yeah, I preordered both but figure they won't really be shipping on November 2nd. Russ Cochran's site says they'll be "shipping late November" but nothing more specific than that.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Does anybody know why there is a line of new Powers hardcovers? What's their quality like I never got the definitive editions and I know those had some gutter loss issues.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Thwipster has the FF Vol 1 HC for $6.99. They also have the first 3 Hickman tpb's for $5.99 each. Pretty nice deal.

http://www.thwipster.com/products/ff-volume-01-hardcover

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
So, does DC have any intention of bring out Shade, The Changing Man (Vertigo) trades or do we just sit on the three they have so far?

I'm hoping JL:Dark makes him popular enough that they'll pick up the pace, but the odds of that seem incredibly low.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Ghost Boner posted:

So, does DC have any intention of bring out Shade, The Changing Man (Vertigo) trades or do we just sit on the three they have so far?

I assume it's dead in the water. How long has it been since vol. 3 now?

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009

Shameless posted:

I assume it's dead in the water. How long has it been since vol. 3 now?

That's what I thought.

Hoping for some Animal Man trades outside of Morrison's run, which seems somewhat possible with the popularity of the reboot series.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

In other trade cancellation news (aside from the Suicide Squad volume 2 cancellation discussed in the Derailed thread) the final R.E.B.E.L.S trade has been shitcanned.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I posted this in Derailed last night, but it may make more sense and get more replies here:

Since we're complaining about canceled TPBs, does anyone know the story behind the delay of the next (and most likely final) Booster Gold volume? Volume 6 came out in March, around the same time as Justice League: Generation Lost Volume 1, and I was fully expecting Booster Volume 7 to come out in October, to synch up with Generation Lost Volume 2. It was briefly listed on Amazon earlier this year, but then the listing was taken down. I've been carefully checking the solicits every month now, and it hasn't even been solicited yet.

Then I figured that DC might release one last big TPB with the end of the Giffen/DeMatteis storyline as well as Jurgens' few Flashpoint-related issues that wrapped up the series, but then the Flashpoint hardcover came out recently, and Booster Volume 7 STILL hasn't been solicited. Any word on this, from retailers or anyone else? Were sales that bad? I haven't read Flashpoint, but I assumed Booster Gold was a key book during that time. It just seems surprising that before long, it'll be a year from the last TPB, and we still don't know when the next one is due (if at all).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I haven't read Flashpoint, but I assumed Booster Gold was a key book during that time.
It wasn't.

Neep
Jan 2, 2003

Terrorist is Prohibited!!!
OMFG

quote:

In February, DC Comics will publish ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS – collecting 2008’s epic story about the triumph of evil in the DC Universe. The over-sized hardcover will collect ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS collects FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2 and the FINAL CRISIS SKETCHBOOK, all written by Grant Morrison.

And an added bonus? ABSOLUTE FINAL CRISIS comes with its own pair of 3-D glasses, for use with pages featured in FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/08/absolute-3-d/

And I bought the Deluxe thinking they would never put this in an Absolute.

Flight 230
Nov 16, 2006

We stand as the manifested equivalent of three buckets of water and a handful of minerals. Those very buckets turned upside down supply the percussive factor of forever.
I love that it's missing two of Final Crisis' twelve issues. An Absolute book shouldn't require you wandering off to read your Batman: RIP trade halfway through.
What the gently caress those issues are going in the RIP trade with no recap or explanation is totally loving beyond me, anyway.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Flight 230 posted:

I love that it's missing two of Final Crisis' twelve issues. An Absolute book shouldn't require you wandering off to read your Batman: RIP trade halfway through.
What the gently caress those issues are going in the RIP trade with no recap or explanation is totally loving beyond me, anyway.

Is this something, like the complaints about not including Superman Beyond in FC trades, that we can yell at them about and perhaps fix?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Flight 230 posted:

Welp, I'd forgotten about the Batman issues. Way to go DC. Don't think I'd have bothered upgrading from the existing HC anyway but it's nice of them to cement that decision for me.

/still bitter about the Suicide Squad and Night Force cancellations...

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Any idea if they'll correct the errors for the absolute? Last I heard they fixed Mr Miracle's ethnicity but screwed up Sunny Sumo's for the HC (and TPBs I think?).

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Any idea if they'll correct the errors for the absolute? Last I heard they fixed Mr Miracle's ethnicity but screwed up Sunny Sumo's for the HC (and TPBs I think?).

This would be the time to do it. Of course, given their track record, who knows?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Is Thwipster good about things like your orders not being damaged or returns if something is? I'd really like to get my hands on the two BPRD hardcovers but I'm kinda iffy on dropping 40bux without any sort of feedback regarding the site.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

ShortStack posted:

Is Thwipster good about things like your orders not being damaged or returns if something is? I'd really like to get my hands on the two BPRD hardcovers but I'm kinda iffy on dropping 40bux without any sort of feedback regarding the site.

They are really good about the way they package things they wrap everything in plastic and tape it to a board.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I've had one $50 order through Thwipster, and everything arrived fine.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I am more than fine with them leaving those two Batman issues out of the Absolute.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
DC has announced their schedule for the New 52 hardcovers/trades and for some titles, we're going to be waiting up to a year from now. I guess Flashpoint didn't retcon Bob Wayne's inability to figure out marketing collected editions.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Space_Butler posted:

DC has announced their schedule for the New 52 hardcovers/trades and for some titles, we're going to be waiting up to a year from now. I guess Flashpoint didn't retcon Bob Wayne's inability to figure out marketing collected editions.

Oh look, I only have to wait 9 months to get the only trade that I'm remotely interested in getting (Action Comics).

Never change, DC.

Just kidding, please do.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Happy Hippo posted:

Oh look, I only have to wait 9 months to get the only trade that I'm remotely interested in getting (Action Comics).

Never change, DC.

Just kidding, please do.

To be fair, Action will collect 8 issues. Issue 8 should be out in April, so an August HC is 4 months after the arc is done, which is about right.
For comparison, I think rear end vol 2 HC was out 8 months after the final issue, and the TPB was around 2 years.

E: But drat, there's a lot coming out 7 months after the final issue.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 10, 2011

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

If you guys don't mind me asking is anybody interested in buying Blackest night green lantern HC, Blackest Night HC, and Blackest Night GLC for 10 dollars each preferably together? They're all quite nice I just have no idea why I bought them.

Yeah Actions release is really reasonable it's just been solicited really early.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

The release schedule for the new 52 collected editions is wonky as poo poo. You'd have thought they'd have released them sooner to latch onto the momentum of the relaunch. Although I'm sure Bob Wayne (or some other sales dude) said in an interview that they have kept some advertising money back for when the trades are released.

On the plus side, they are pretty nicely priced and, Batwoman aside, all contain at least six issues. Marvel have been royally taking the piss recently with super-low-content trades at "normal" trade price-points.

I think all of these DC trades are cheaper (at RRP) than buying the single issues where you just can't say that with Marvel at the minute.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
DC was going to get slammed either way on this but really guys? Do you want a four issue hardcover just so you can have something sooner? I don't see Action comics as being a bad example, it will collect eight issues making it a nice size and four months after issue eight isn't fantastic but no need to slam on DC. You have to remember these aren't iPhone 4Ss, they aren't air freighting them. They are printed in China (usually) and shipped over on boat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

wildlele posted:

They are printed in China (usually) and shipped over on boat.

DC prints in Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

DC was going to get slammed either way on this but really guys? Do you want a four issue hardcover just so you can have something sooner? I don't see Action comics as being a bad example, it will collect eight issues making it a nice size and four months after issue eight isn't fantastic but no need to slam on DC. You have to remember these aren't iPhone 4Ss, they aren't air freighting them. They are printed in China (usually) and shipped over on boat.

The bulk of DC's hardcovers are printed in Canada and Iowa.