Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash18
Apr 3, 2009
Been reading through this, I'm an EE student, and admittedly I have trouble wrapping my head around the concept of reactive power.

I assumed reactive power was essentially power used to drive a load up to the required voltage, which makes the 'bounce backed to the source' explanation confusing to me. Would someone be able to elaborate?

So from there, what effect does a lagging power PF have? and leading for that matter, as a consequence for supplying power? I understand that in both cases, assuming constant apparent power, introducing reactive power will decrease the active power load using the triangle... but what's the actual non-conceptual effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread