Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exploding Barrel
Jun 17, 2005

Lights out!
Guerilla puppet show!
So I was goofing off on google maps when I found this : http://goo.gl/maps/4GyiQ
I've never seen a power plant that small or set up like that so I was hoping someone in this thread had any info on an installation like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exploding Barrel
Jun 17, 2005

Lights out!
Guerilla puppet show!

Three-Phase posted:

You can see the lines going out north-north east. From each generator you can see three sets of phase-isolated bus ducts (look like, well, ducts) going into a step-up transformer.

If you want to see a tiny nuclear plant, look for Davis Bessie. It's the cutest little power plant you've ever seen.

On the other scale, the property for the Chernobyl nuclear power plant is absolutely enormous.

It's adorable and apparently riddled with problems. Thanks for the into on the peaker plant, never seen one before but it makes a lot of sense as the main power plant for the area is about 36 miles north of it.

Exploding Barrel
Jun 17, 2005

Lights out!
Guerilla puppet show!

freezepops posted:

If you hold your hands up you can almost feel it tingle. :v: If anyone is interested I can post some other photos I grabbed of the substation.

Please do, I find substations to be oddly facinating.

• Locked thread