Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Daenerys got past all this stuff so I don't know why we cant either.

Look, if you haven't strictly analyzed and categorized every instance of sexual intercourse in the history of fiction I don't know how you sleep at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

oldpainless posted:

Daenerys got past all this stuff so I don't know why we cant either.

She also went on a murderous quest with an entire army of remorseless killers and three pet dragons.

Somehow I don't think it is applicable to the real world.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Somehow I don't think it is applicable to the real world.

Not with THAT attitude.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jesus Christ it's not even a film for gently caress's sake shut up about it.

Kickass 2 was mediocre but it annoys me that at the end their third friend is all back with the group and now a "real hero" after he saved that one guy despite the fact that he directly caused the death of Dave's father which he seems to have forgotten about.

Also it would take the police about 10 minutes to have tracked the whole bunch of them down but nobody seems to care, they didn't even have the corruption excuse of the first film.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
Well that's cool now I know all about the forces driving this one really hosed up scene in a show I am still trying to catch up on, thanks irritating movie moments thread

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Bomrek posted:

Well that's cool now I know all about the forces driving this one really hosed up scene in a show I am still trying to catch up on, thanks irritating movie moments thread

I heard there's one rear end in a top hat out there who's been writing spoilers to the show since, like, 15 years ago or some poo poo. hosed up right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caught a couple of minutes of the recent Stallone movie "Bullet to the Head" and all I could think about was how weird looking his body has gotten.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Bomrek posted:

People that complain about spoilers for a season that debuted in 2011 is my irritating movie moment

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Politicalrancor posted:

People that complain about spoilers for a season that debuted in 2011 is my irritating movie moment

People not caring about spoilers if something's come out in America (but nowhere else in the world) is my infuriating movie eternity. :australia:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What are the odds Jenny gave Forrest and Forrest Jr. AIDs?

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
Considering how there was no sequel, 100%.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Also why does Ronald Reagan's assassination attempt get more screen time than the entire civil rights movement?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also why does Ronald Reagan's assassination attempt get more screen time than the entire civil rights movement?

Forrest Gump is a love letter to white baby boomers is why.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

LeJackal posted:

Forrest Gump is a love letter to white baby boomers is why.

How best to honor the baby boomer experience?

Make a movie about a lucky retard.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
What are you on about? Forrest is there when the national guard is called in to remove George Wallace from the schoolhouse door, he even picks up Vivian Jones' book she drops. Then he comments about Wallace getting shot.

The movie is schlock but you're reaching to attack it the way you are.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pidmon posted:

People not caring about spoilers if something's come out in America (but nowhere else in the world) is my infuriating movie eternity. :australia:

While I appreciate your point of view, this is a scene from the first episode. If it's a spoiler for anyone, they aren't watching the show.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
In GBS people just post spoilers as thread titles.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Jedit posted:

While I appreciate your point of view, this is a scene from the first episode. If it's a spoiler for anyone, they aren't watching the show.

Oh I wasn't riffing off the Game of Thrones stuff (too much pointless nudity for me), I was actually talking about The Lego Movie, which I finally saw yesterday. It was just so frustrating to have to wait 3-4 months from the Americans.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
The worst thing about Forrest Gump is that scene where he is "selected" to go down onto the ocean floor in one of those huge, brass diving suits. I'm pretty sure they had something a little more modern by the 1950's, when this was all supposed to be taking place.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The worst thing about Forrest Gump is that scene where he is "selected" to go down onto the ocean floor in one of those huge, brass diving suits. I'm pretty sure they had something a little more modern by the 1950's, when this was all supposed to be taking place.

The worst thing about Forrest Gump is that it exists.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pidmon posted:

Oh I wasn't riffing off the Game of Thrones stuff (too much pointless nudity for me), I was actually talking about The Lego Movie, which I finally saw yesterday. It was just so frustrating to have to wait 3-4 months from the Americans.

There's only like 30 seconds of nudity in an episode.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

No one but YOU.

Mu Zeta posted:

There's only like 30 seconds of nudity in an episode.

Yeah that's too much for me (I am way too much of a prude, I acknowledge that).

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When did that happen?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Good chance on Forrest Jr., pretty remote for Forrest. Female to male transmission is very difficult.

Pneub posted:

When did that happen?

Probably the book. There have apparently been several books.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Short Round in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. Every moment that kid is on screen is excrutiating pain for me.

In fact, let me just just say 90% of the whole movie qualifies.

But especially Short Round.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Short Round in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom. Every moment that kid is on screen is excrutiating pain for me.

In fact, let me just just say 90% of the whole movie qualifies.

But especially Short Round.
I always hated Willie a whole lot more. All she did was scream at things and throw tantrums. My dad and I were cheering for her to get dunked in the lava. Shame it didn't happen.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's up to personal interpretation.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
In The Avengers, when Tony sticks Bruce with what I'm guessing is a technical instrument, it makes a really fake, Foley bzzzt sound.

Apparently, in the new Spider-man movie, Harry Osborn becomes the Green Goblin through a hereditary genetic mutation? Is that something that was in any iteration of the comics, or did the director and writers pull that out of their asses? It just seems completely wrong and out of left field.

Lastly, not really an IIMM (more a request for clarification), but in the beginning of Winter Soldier, is the guy Cap is running past Sam every time, or is it just random service members out for their morning PT? I only surmised it might be the former after the movie because Sam is later seen saying "Don't say it. Don't say it!" when you actually see his face for the first time.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kinmik posted:

Lastly, not really an IIMM (more a request for clarification), but in the beginning of Winter Soldier, is the guy Cap is running past Sam every time, or is it just random service members out for their morning PT? I only surmised it might be the former after the movie because Sam is later seen saying "Don't say it. Don't say it!" when you actually see his face for the first time.

Erm, yes. I thought that was fairly obvious? He's running laps around him, they made that fairly clear dude.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

kinmik posted:

Apparently, in the new Spider-man movie, Harry Osborn becomes the Green Goblin through a hereditary genetic mutation? Is that something that was in any iteration of the comics, or did the director and writers pull that out of their asses? It just seems completely wrong and out of left field.

This isn't strictly true. Harry has a deadly genetic disease, and takes the spider venom that gave peter his powers to try and survive - it obviously doesn't go well. All the oscorp stuff was by norman to try and prolong his life and beat the disease.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

kinmik posted:

It was a gag that Cap can run so fast that he lapped Sam a dozen times.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jedit posted:

The worst thing about Forrest Gump is that it exists.

Forrest Gump is a great loving movie and Tom Hanks is almost awesome all of the time. gently caress anyone who believes otherwise. I think some of you miss the point of that movie.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

BiggerBoat posted:

Forrest Gump is a great loving movie and Tom Hanks is almost awesome all of the time. gently caress anyone who believes otherwise. I think some of you miss the point of that movie.

Which was?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Which was?

"Hey, target audience boomers, remember being young? Wasn't that awesome?"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Gump's message was basically be nice to people and you'll have a pretty good life. Not free from worry or sadness or anything, but overall a good life.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Phanatic posted:

"Hey, target audience boomers, remember being young? Wasn't that awesome?"

I thought it spent more time slyly mocking society than being a nostalgia trip.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Canemacar posted:

I thought it spent more time slyly mocking society than being a nostalgia trip.

That dumb hippy was a slut.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

Gump's message was basically be nice to people and you'll have a pretty good life. Not free from worry or sadness or anything, but overall a good life.

The heartwarming story of a retarded man who never really had to work for anything because the things that carried him through life were things he just sort of stumbled upon and was preternaturally gifted at (running, playing ping-pong) or he was just plain lucky and in the right place and the right time (fishing). Meanwhile Jenny spends the entire movie actively working to try and improve her lot in life but she's a woman and she has sex so she gets beaten up by black panthers and dies of the AIDS. A++++ would have my heartstrings tugged at again.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The heartwarming story of a retarded man who never really had to work for anything because the things that carried him through life were things he just sort of stumbled upon and was preternaturally gifted at (running, playing ping-pong) or he was just plain lucky and in the right place and the right time (fishing). Meanwhile Jenny spends the entire movie actively working to try and improve her lot in life but she's a woman and she has sex so she gets beaten up by black panthers and dies of the AIDS. A++++ would have my heartstrings tugged at again.

Don't trust anyone over 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

She also was sort of messed up from the start with the whole father sexually abusing her stuff. It wasn't really a surprise that they made her life worse off than Gump's when she had to deal with that long before he even got bullied.

• Locked thread