Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerksNeedLoveToo
Nov 12, 2006

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Lots of James Bond 'science' horseshit

Let me direct your attention to what I feel is the single most mind-blowingly infuriating scene in any James Bond movie. I give you the final fight in The World is Not Enough.

If you haven't seen that steaming pile of crap, let me describe this utterly stupid scene for you:

James Bond and Big Badguy's Henchman duke it out in the nuclear reactor of a sinking submarine. Now I know what you're thinking. "Surely Jerks means that they are dueling in the control room or engine room, not inside the reactor itself." No, what I mean is that at one point, these two are hitting each other with fuel rods they pulled out of the operational reactor with their bare hands.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Despite the absurdity, it doesn't bother me much because it's a Bond movie, and you could spend 10 days listing all the incredibly absurd Bond movie plot devices.

Agreed, but some of the Bond films are particularly egregious. In fact, you should check out IMDB's goofs page for The World is Not Enough. It's two loving pages long, single-spaced. My personal favorite notation:

Factual errors: Numerous scientific liberties taken regarding radioactive substances and nuclear reactors.

That's like saying Dawn of the Dead contains numerous liberties regarding the actions a dead person can take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread