Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Insanitylad posted:

"Live long and prosper. . .-bum bum chicka chicka bow bow bow-

Funky Spock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

Do MST3K episodes count as movies? Because something's always bothered me a bit about the scene in "Horror at Party Beach" where Hank and Dr. Gavin are trying to figure out how to find the monsters. Earlier in the film they discover that sodium can destroy the monsters, so during this scene Mike and the bots keep going on about "Sodium!", "Why don't you try sodium?", etc. But the whole point of the scene is figuring out how to find the monsters, not how to kill them. You have to find something before you can kill it, after all. I know these are crappy movies but it hardly seems fair to criticize them for things they didn't get wrong.

Also, I was watching "Angels' Revenge" yesterday and noticed this: during the scamming-Jim-Backus scene, Maria refers to Terry as her "chauffeur." But since Terry is a woman (/arachnid), wouldn't she be a "chauffeuse"?

Coming back to the Toy Story conversation: in the scene where Woody rallies Syd's toys to save Buzz, he says something like "It'll mean breaking a few rules..." What are these rules? Who made them? How do all toys know to follow them?
(I agree it's not worth it to scrutinize this one too much. Just go with it.)

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

Supreme Allah posted:

Ah. My old shule house.

That's my irrational irritation with Megamind: why does he constantly mispronounce things like this (and "ollo?" and "metrocity")? Sure, he's an alien, but he was raised on Earth, by humans.

Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be funny. Whatever (pronounced whay-tee-ver).

• Locked thread