Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Argali posted:

Has anyone read any of his Wizard Knight books?

It's interesting to note that Wolfe is now 80 years old, and his first novel wasn't published until he was 39 (in 1970). The guy has been writing steady for 40 years.

I read one of them and while I can't remember much about it, I do remember that I enjoyed it.

As for Book of the New Sun, it was just way too dense for me and the plot meandered too much for my tastes, although when I read it I knew nothing about Gene Wolfe and what type of writer he was and was expecting to read a more straight forward type of fantasy novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU