Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Maybe he's misremembering things as Thecla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
I felt similarly about the Long Sun, which made me even more surprised reading Short Sun. poo poo goes down, and fast. Also Long Sun does pick up towards the end. And then the ending is :wtf:

I just finished up a reread of the Wizard/Knight books, which I wouldn't say is overly plodding. There's some dialogue heavy sections, or ones where not a whole lot is accomplished, but outside of those plenty goes on.

Blog Free or Die fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 12, 2013

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

PateraOctopus posted:

...the Long Sun books take a lot of their cues from detective novels.

I find this true of almost everything Wolfe writes. Luckily, I enjoy it :v:

The protagonist is always constantly guessing about what's really going on, who everyone is, and what their motivations really are, for instance with the note Severian gets at the tree inn in the first book of BotNS.

But yea I think it's a lot more upfront in Long Sun, for whatever reason.