Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
My friend suggested I check out some Supes trades since I like Action Comics and Superboy's reboots so much.

He suggested What Happened to the Man of Tomorrow and All Star Superman.

I don't like either one. They're so cheesy and hokey and I don't get the appeal. Maybe this is because I grew up on Marvel, but I just can't get behind superheroes being taken down by toy robots.

Clark Kent's identity is exposed when a bunch of toy superman dolls come alive and blast him. It's such an utterly ridiculous and stupid thing in my opinion, and it's hard for me to take seriously.

I just don't the appeal of fighting enemies called Brainiac and giant robots and aliens. I guess it depends on the context, but in this case it feels like giant orgy of randomness.

Is post-Crisis Superman better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I read more of All Star Superman and I guess I was being too hard on it. I love Morrison so I don't know why I doubted him. I still can't get into What Happened, but Allstar Superman is a very personal, down to Earth, story involving Supes. I'm all about personal drama when it comes to comics. That and adventure. So this comic has been working for me on many levels.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I really liked Superman #1. Anyone else read it? The changes to the Daily Planet's structure and Lois and Clark's relationship have a lot of potential.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Highly suggest reading Action Comics and Superman in sequential order. The former CEO of Global was the same guy Supes got to admit his guilt in Action Comics #1

Really enjoy how the two compliment each other and it's no wonder Superman felt betrayed by this buyout.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Why does Morales draw Lois like she's a fat chick :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I loved Superman. I don't see why it's so horrible :(

Rand alPaul posted:

I think I just like the young, arrogant Superman a lot more. I'm going to be bummed when he turns into Mopey Clark.

But even Clark isn't mopey in Superman #1. He's still idealistic and cocky as far as I can tell.

• Locked thread