Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I'll suggest Busiek's Superman: Secret Identity. It's about a kid named Clark Kent in the "real world" who regularly gets Superman jokes made about him thanks to his name, and one day finds himself developing Superman's powers. It's much, much better than i'm making it sound.

As to Action Comics - i've recently been re-reading my collection of the original Superman comic strips, and the characterisation there is pretty much what's going on now. Pretty much all the first sets of stories are Superman taking on shady business types and helping out particular little guys, and interrogating bad guys by picking them up and jumping the gently caress around the place to scare the poo poo out of them. Really the only difference is that current Superman is younger, so he comes off as less of a hilarious douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread