Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

it's my calling to tell nerd :roboluv:ers how to :roboluv: properly
Hell, that fight with Captain Marvel in Justice League Unlimited was a prime example of boringly boyscout Superman being wrong about something, and to be honest it's one of the episodes in which I like him the most because you see him as both an example of perfection through the eyes of Billy, and a fallible being through the eyes of Captain Marvel.

I am not a big fan of the way Superman was in the DCAU, he was too... perfect. When I saw the previews for Action Comic, it seemed to show something better about Superman. I think Superman should not be perfect, but he should instead try to be perfect, it makes for more compelling writing than just having him be better than anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

Revol posted:

Your friends have a pretty stupid viewpoint, here. I suspect that they simply do not respect Superman, because a flawless character is a boring character. Some of the best Superman stories are when he's wrong (Red Son, the previously mentioned JLU episode with him fighting Captain Marvel).

I think it's the duality that makes it work in the Captain Marvel episode. Superman has to be both an ideal of perfection and a fallible superbeing for it to work. At least, with boyscout Superman of the DCAU, that's why it worked so well. He was Batson's hero, but as Marvel, he was just a person who makes mistakes.

In action comics, he is not yet a perfect being, and judging by Justice league, even in the uniform he's still going to be arrogant. But arrogance is good, in this case, it makes him feel more organic, and it will make him stand out against arrogant Luthor, as if to say arrogance + power does not have to equal evil.

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

I don't know how to say it, but I love the art, it seems... European for lack of a better way to describe it.

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

Graduation from what is what I wonder...

I mean, I love the issue, probably one of my favorites, but the bottom part of the costume is a bit lacking.

• Locked thread