Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

OK Octopus posted:

One of my favorite Superman stories that I reread from time to time is Action Comics #775, "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" For anyone who hasn't read it, an X-TREME team of Authority-esque super-Punishers starts cleaning up the world in a way that is definitely outside the classical sense of what makes a hero a hero. Superman, who views their actions as a direct affront to what he represents, takes it upon himself to stop them even though he honestly doesn't believe he can.

This issue has never worked for me. At the end of the issue, it looks like Superman is right because he's the strongest and he won the fight. It should be the other way around. Also, amoral antihero Manchester Black bursts into tears and is sad because his teammates are apparently dead, instead of e.g. getting incredibly angry and vowing terrible revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah, but a spaceship landing in your corn field is likely to make you rethink your whole belief system. That was more my point.

A child given to a childless couple? A child who was delivered to them from high above with a flash of light, and proved to have amazing powers and abilities? I can't think of anything less likely to make a Christian rethink his or her belief system.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Equilibrium posted:

This is weird because Krypto is explicitly mentioned in the upcoming solicits for Action #5-6.

The Death and Return of Superdog?

• Locked thread