Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Himuro posted:

My friend suggested I check out some Supes trades since I like Action Comics and Superboy's reboots so much.

He suggested What Happened to the Man of Tomorrow and All Star Superman.

I don't like either one. They're so cheesy and hokey and I don't get the appeal. Maybe this is because I grew up on Marvel, but I just can't get behind superheroes being taken down by toy robots.

Did you read all of All Star? I personally think that the 10th issue is far and away the best in the series and works well even as a stand alone. If you didn't make it that far, then go skip ahead to it. It's a love-letter to Superman done as Superman doing a love-letter to humanity. It's beautiful. (this is the well known "Superman stops a teenager from jumping off a building and gives her a hug and reassurance issue").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread