Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

E the Shaggy posted:

Aren't the first six issues of Action Comics set in the past, and then Morrison will start writing present Supes?

:swoon: forever. I'll buy the trade the INSTANT its available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I don't have a single problem with the new design.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Nice to know Action Comics will continue to be fantastic.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Magic Love Hose posted:

Hot drat, is that Brainiac at the end there? Hints of Metallo too. And John Irons, who is always awesome.

I think all of these things are true. Look at the markings on the ship. Its that triangle thing Braniac has.

I don't want Morrison to stop writing Superman. Ever.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Himuro posted:

But even Clark isn't mopey in Superman #1. He's still idealistic and cocky as far as I can tell.

Yeah he's only mopey because Lois isn't interested in him. He's very natural in Supes mode. Which is an interesting change from how writers usually approach him: Clark is who he is, Superman is what he does. Here it seems like being Superman is when he feels the most comfortable.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder how hard it is to kill a Kryptonian so that they can't be brought back?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Or get retconned somehow.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Equilibrium posted:

Huh? He obviously wasn't fighting back, he's Superman. You don't even have to read the issue to understand Superman isn't going to brawl with Supergirl like she's Doomsday. Do people really care about "power levels" like that means something in the year 2011?

I don't view it as power levels, I view it as "% chance of saving the day." Guest-starring? 100%. Are Superman? 100%. Are Batman? 95%. In Gotham, are Batman? 200%. Because in Gotham Batman saves the day twice each time he saves the day*.

*Except when he fucks up royally and a Robin dies.

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 27, 2011

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Seriously, even if the rest of the 52 books were meh-terrible, it would all be worth it for this run of Action Comics.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'm still looking for clues as to the next giant megaplot Morrison's got up his sleeve. I can't find any....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I guess if we're a club, I could be the treasurer.

• Locked thread