Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since this is the Superman thread I thought that anyone who hasn't been out to see The Dark Knight Rises yet might like this, both Superman teasers.

Pa Kent and Jor-El voiceovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

horsepeen posted:

I can respect his decision to want to get into other things besides superhero comics, but I'm still sad to see him go.

But I do wonder if the Wonder Woman thing he mentioned is All-Star Wonder Woman.

All Star is dead. It's probably Earth One.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

Some DC editorial / artist dude was accused of taking a hammer to his wife's skull.

At the end of some issue, there was a one-page cartoony thing that advocated the use of hammers to solve problems, with the guy's first name referenced.

The artist was Greg Brooks if memory serves. The name dropped in that "ad" is Lee Travis, the name of the Crimson Avenger the book Brooks drew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space_Butler posted:

So the Action Comics hardcover comes out tomorrow and I can't wait because now I'll have a solid book I can start shoving in my friends faces that I can force them to read. Fingers crossed that DC bothered to put the issues in order so that the Collector/origin arc goes straight through without the Legion interlude in the middle, instead of just reprinting them in the order in which they were published. Especially since that's the way Morrison intended the issues to come out in the first place before Rags fell behind on art.

I think you're going to be please with the hardcover. The Legion interlude is collected after the main arc and the book ends with the backups.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space_Butler posted:

This just made my week. Thanks for the info.

No prob man, it was my most anticipated book this week so I was really curious to see how the final product looked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's fairly amusing. There's a fairly large Klan presence in my state (Indiana) and many of them cling to Superman as a White Power symbol. I was lucky enough to inform a few of them that Superman was in fact created by two Jewish men. Their faces were priceless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drat it, I need to keep a copy of this behind the counter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I can safely say that he was not the worst Hellblazer writer, but that is not a ringing endorsement.

Denise Mina holds that title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Her and Brian Azzarello

Azz isn't even close. I put his work above Mike Carey's honestly. Paul Jenkins is the best HB writer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The art in the Superman Annual is so loving bad the main artist should have his fingers cut off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Magic Love Hose posted:

You can't drop a bomb like that without posting a panel or two.

Already left work and I would never buy that horseshit so you'll have to wait for me to do it tomorrow. Or maybe someone will pop in and post some.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't groan loud enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I agree, pretty art bogged down by super lovely script.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Considering the book came out today he's probably read it.

And he's not far off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

Because I, at least, had to suffer him being an obnoxious, self-congratulatory pissant throughout all of Morrisoncon.

Have you detailed this anywhere?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Max Landis wasn't even born when that happened.

The blame was passed along with the sperm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I loving love it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC and Didio should take note that Nolan and Snyder are indeed using Lois Lane as the love interest. Because it's kind of important to the character of Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

horsepeen posted:

Anyone read Superman Family Adventures? Apparently it's ending on issue 12 this April.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/14/superman-family-adventures-to-end-in-april/

That sucks! It's the best kids book on the market right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

Aaaaand, Diggle's just tweeted he's off Action already. He says it was for professional reasons which reads to me like editorial interference.

I guess someone at DC got around to reading Shadowland.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yannick_B posted:

The Snyder book should be good.

Not if you don't care for Jim Lee's art anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

I got $7 that Superman Unchained starts with "My Father told me"

I hate you so much. Now there's no way that poo poo doesn't happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

That was like 4 bets ago, stud.

I bet a customer that Marvel wasn't stupid enough to cast a wrestler in a major role and the loser had to drink a bottle of tobasco sauce.

loving Batista.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

horsepeen posted:

I wonder if in 20 years we'll have a book where baby Superman lands in North Korea.

I would drink the blood of a newborn baby to read this now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugggggh, life would be easier if I forgot the Diamond password when I'm drunk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is pretty Superman related.

My C2E2 haul plus the Man of Steel 1:6 Iconic Statue.

Less than $300 for everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

Which is the Bemerjo sculpt the rightmost?

It's new this year, sold out at Diamond but you can get it from DC Collectibles for $80 I think. It's a new line of Superman statues. I also bought the Frank Miller one on Tuesday and there's Jim Lee, Frank Quitely and Rags Morales ones in the future. I love them and hope they continue.

This guy

bobkatt013 posted:

Is that all of the clone saga on your bookself?

Yup. And to make it worse, I have a complete set of it in singles in the closet.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 9, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scott Lobdell may be a horrible writer but today's Superman issue (#20) is worth buying just for Aaron Kudder's amazing fight scene between Superman and Orion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Are you saying they should just release Superman with just the art?

I'd buy it if Kudder drew it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

So would I. The solution to the Superman problem - Its Nuff Said month all year long.

I can not stress enough how gorgeous the book is, this dude had better become a huge star. I want him and G-mo on a New Gods series right the gently caress now.

Edit: PAGES

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 22, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Well poo poo. Now I need to step up my game. I'm going to donate a check for our total sales of AoS #1 out of my personal funds.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

They could start by not hiring Orson Scott Card.

I hope they never publish his story.

I don't know if linking to Facebook works but I've made a makeshift post on my page about making a private donation based on the number of copies I sell here in the store.
https://www.facebook.com/ryancharleswhite?ref=tn_tnmn

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 29, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

It is the cover for Adventures of Superman 1.

No it isn't. This is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
While I appreciate the effort, why do that when neither that Superman nor Doomsday are even in the N52? That should have been the AoS variant. Also nobody inks Jurgens like Brett Breeding did, Rapmund just doesn't do it for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

Rhyno, you just complained about continuity on a variant cover. Here is your cane, you cranky old bastard.

Please, everyone knows to stay the gently caress off my lawn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So that interview they crammed in their to charge extra for was also in this years FCBD issue. I don't know why DC is so dead set on irritating the people who actually buy this stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Batman/Superman #1 ships tomorrow and if you're even slightly on the fence you should give in. It's the best looking comic I've read this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bitchin Kitchen posted:

What happened with the Diggle issues? Did more than one come out? Does the story go anywhere? I dropped the book when Morrison left but Unchained didn't really grab me.

Gotta have my Supes.

Last "Diggle" issue is out. He left after his first and the rest were just based on his plot. Wait for #25 when Greg Pak takes over and go buy Batman Superma #1 right the hell now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bought some Detolfs at Ikea a few weeks ago, tonight I got the last one sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space_Butler posted:

Johnston is reporting that DC is offering John Romita Jr his own Superman book to lure him away from Marvel once his contract is up.

I have no idea about him as a writer, but I think his art has been pretty atrocious from his Avengers run onward (and especially with how lazy his Captain America has been getting), so this might be the fastest "pass" from me yet. If it happens.

He'd do a good Superman but his Image mini series he wrote was horrible. This will end up being as bad as everything Tony Daniel wrote.

• Locked thread