Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

gently caress that shop owner. I hope his customers boycott him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I think what people are calling armor is actually just unnecessary seams.

edit; vvvv well that is loving retarded. :psyduck: vvvv

another edit; haha, look at dat fuckin "is" up there

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 23, 2011

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Himuro posted:

My friend suggested I check out some Supes trades since I like Action Comics and Superboy's reboots so much.

He suggested What Happened to the Man of Tomorrow and All Star Superman.

I don't like either one. They're so cheesy and hokey and I don't get the appeal. Maybe this is because I grew up on Marvel, but I just can't get behind superheroes being taken down by toy robots.

Clark Kent's identity is exposed when a bunch of toy superman dolls come alive and blast him. It's such an utterly ridiculous and stupid thing in my opinion, and it's hard for me to take seriously.

I just don't the appeal of fighting enemies called Brainiac and giant robots and aliens. I guess it depends on the context, but in this case it feels like giant orgy of randomness.

Is post-Crisis Superman better?

If you don't like All Star Superman then I don't know what to tell you because I give no fucks about any Superman comics whatsoever with the exception of rear end which is one of the best comics I'm ever likely to read.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Somebody talk about Superman comics please.

I don't typically care about Supes but I loved Morrision's rear end so I plan on getting the first trade of his Action comics. Has it ventured into Morrison weirdness? That usually puts me off.

• Locked thread