Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Haha, why the gently caress would a guy who was found in the wreckage of an alien spacecraft be a Christian anyway? That is a weird thing to assume about him.

I think the assumption is more about the Kents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I wonder if the Phantom Leap is how they're gonna bring back Krypto...

Kent background was great. I hope we get more of that. I always love reading the pre-Metropolis stuff.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

TwoPair posted:

The only thing that I missed in this issue is... how did Supes just know that the super-suit was there? Better yet, how did he make it change colors?

Aside from that, this issue was pretty rad.

He recognized the style of it from what his father wore. I'm guessing the color change was some sort of "power on!" kind of deal.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Because Superman can't fly nor does he have super strength when under a red star!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I thought he did a very interesting job on the start of Superboy up to his confrontation with Supergirl. Then it went off the rails to crazytown and the dialogue in Teen Titans doesn't give me any more hope.

Superboy kicking the crap out of everyone was pretty great though. If he can actually write Superman from an ethical/emotional perspective that'd be pretty great. Maybe this will be a step towards Supes sitting Superboy down for a talk and I can finally buy Superboy again... or has the whole plot teleport stopped already?

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 11, 2012

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does anyone else find it weird that Superboy and Superman have yet to meet? I mean a kid with his logo trashed NYC, why wouldn't Clark follow up on that?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I think Action paved the way for the idea that Clark wants to do more, knows the league doesn't want to, and so he's hanging back until they are.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Does anyone know why they felt the need to kill off the Kents?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Wait then what was with all the Unless his other half is some kind of amoral narcissist :cough: luthor foreshadowing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
How in the world does Lobdell get so much creative control? First he craps all over one of my favorite characters in the new 52 (Superboy), and now he's dragging down practically every single Superman title with not only his terrible writing but also his insane love of crossovers. How well can his word block comics actually be selling?

• Locked thread