Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

So does anyone want to talk about Action Comics?

The best way to describe it was like getting a kick in the rear end by Superman. It seems that he has the same moral center he's always had. He is just really raw. He's youthful, immature, and brash. He hates injustice and wants to stick up for the little guy. He has no problem taking down "Mr. Metropolis" as well as a no-body wife beater.

Someone brought up his landlady, and that she's probably not quite what she seems. I'm also very curious about the Teetotaler that was with Mr. Glenmorgan. As he escapes he is holding that Glenmorgan's tie, and with a sneer says, "Won't somebody help poor Mr. Glenmorgan." He also shows up later and gives the green light on the train bomb. He's gotta be working for Luthor. I'm also guessing he tipped off Superman through Clark or his paper? Is he the Mr. Taylor that Clark is speaking to?

Mr. Taylor is George Taylor, Clark's editor at the Daily Star. But you're probably right about that little weasely guy working for Luthor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

d00gZ posted:

I'm pretty sure the small dude in the first few pgaes of Action Comics #1 is Mxyzptlk, who's the villain of his megaplot. In my interview he said the book was going to be about examining Superman's life from outside time, a "fifth-dimensional perspective," so I kind of clued in to a possible Mxy connection immediately. With Fernil Nyxly as Clark Kent's landlord and the fact that the little guy was like the second character in the designs at the back of Action Comics #2 and described as just "that guy in the elevator" or whatever, I'm fairly confident he's the villain of the piece and is actually Mxyzptlk. I forget where, but Morrison said that we'd already seen the big villain of his arc in #1, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Guns Grundig.

Here's something that was bothering me about that guy - why was he holding Glenmorgan's tie when he was leaving the building in #1? I thought that might be a clue to his identity or plan.

And am I the only one who thinks Clark's source is Luthor? After all, Lex would know Clark would be idealistic enough to keep after Glenmorgan, and it's a way for him to manipulate someone else to take down his competition. Using a classical reference as his code word for Glenmorgan is another classic Luthor touch. Unless this is all completely obvious to everyone, I thought it was a strong possibility.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah #5 was just loving amazing all around. Digging Brainiac as the cool AI Ship. The goat callback, the white dog watching over, and whoa it's now a time-traveling arc.

No idea who the anti-superman armyr is supposed to be or who was next to Supes but I'm guessing we'll get to that next month.

One of them was called "K-Man Green" and there were two others with red and blue glowing eyes, so I'm guessing there will now be Kryptonite Men instead of just one Kryptonite Man. The bandaged one had the same metal hand as one of the Phantom Zone criminals, so he's probably either General Zod or Jax-Ur. Maybe the purple amoeba thing is a new version of the Parasite?

• Locked thread