Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Before I read the actual issue my initial thought to 'oh no Superman said a swear' was a little back story: at eight years of age, Pa Kent hits his thumb with a hammer and curses the worst curse he would ever say in front of his son: 'G. D. it!' And Martha would of course scold him for it. And that's when Clark learned you only swear when it really hurts, like when you stand in explosions.

I read the issue, immediately recognized 'GD' as a grunt, and simultaneously thought the NC shop owner was an even bigger moron (in addition to being an rear end in a top hat) and was sad because it made my little story invalid. :(

I've never followed a regular Superman monthly in my life but am now thanks to Morrison. In fact, I think I've liked it best out of any of the #1 books thus far! My Lowtax name change from years ago may end up prophetic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread