Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
For those of you who read Superboy, is he named yet? Kon-el?
I really like the Adventure and Superboy runs from the past few years. Is it at all the same tone? Or is it just an over-the-top action book now?
I liked the little moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
So why did Stormwatch want me to read Superman #1? I'm not going to because I can't work it into my budget, and Action and Superboy are two Super-titles I wasn't planning on getting in the first place that I now am. (I just can't quit Conner.)

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Haha that's awesome, spacejung. Thanks for the info, guys! 52 is too many for one man alone to read.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
We were talking about color symbols in class today and after the thousandth time of hearing "purple= loyalty" I came to this realization:

Purple= royalty, green= envy is a really good way to look at how Luthor sees himself. In the battlesuit, at least. (He probably doesn't see the green as envy but maybe he does. He has to be pretty aware of his jealousy of Superman at this point.)

I hope the battlesuit still exists in this new 52 universe, is what I'm saying.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I like both Metallo and Cyborg Superman a whole lot and am offended by a lot of these posts.

They should team up and buddy system while fighting Supes.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I wanted to throw this out there before Superman: Unchained came out.

What if the opening narration talks about lessons he learned from his TWO fathers.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
You know, like, "my father always told me to I'd have the powers of my home, but my PA taught me how to punch."

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Which is the Bemerjo sculpt the rightmost?

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Rucka had an amazing run on Adventures of Superman back in the day that I felt was really great up until it got tied into some crossover stuff.

Mxy showed up every 90 days like clockwork.

The ending was kind of dumb but it was a lot of fun getting there.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Ugh that stupid poster is stupid and I hate it almost as much as I hate those stupid cardstock covers that are going to immediately get wrecked on a single re-read.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
What happened with the Diggle issues? Did more than one come out? Does the story go anywhere? I dropped the book when Morrison left but Unchained didn't really grab me.

Gotta have my Supes.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
That's so insane. I'm not that into Daniel but Diggle usually keeps me entertained.

I love Pak and Lee so I guess that's now on my to do-list. I was considering waiting for the trade until I realized it would probably be two years until they release it in softcover.

Is Superboy still garbage? I love Conner Kent and that Lemire book was A+ for me. I imagine none of that possible exists anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Maybe it's time for me to switch gears. How is the Supergirl book? I've never really read anything with her. The original Crisis maybe. A little Batman/Superman.

• Locked thread