Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
When you recruit for additional people, choose the option that adopts vagabonds and outlaws - that seems to raise the odds of a trickster emerging from your tribe by quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

my dad posted:

Start with one and assign them, restart if you don't or hope for one of your nobles to turn out to be one? :shrug:

This is the correct answer

If you're going to work with a Trickster at all you're going to want to startscum for one as suggested. Tricksters are far and away most helpful in the early game when you're a scrappy startup clan and are largely irrelevant when you can make all your problems go away with a massive pile of silver.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

my dad posted:

Start with one and assign them, restart if you don't or hope for one of your nobles to turn out to be one? :shrug:

Mine died, and I don't want to restart. I heard if you send your ring members on suicide missions the game generates new people that may or may not be tricksters (chance based). Is that true?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

a7m2 posted:

Mine died, and I don't want to restart. I heard if you send your ring members on suicide missions the game generates new people that may or may not be tricksters (chance based). Is that true?

I mean, yeah, you're guaranteed a certain minimum number of nobles. Feeding the spares to Cragspider is good way of "rerolling" if you're playing the GOG version.
DO NOT TRY THIS if you're playing the other version.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

my dad posted:

I mean, yeah, you're guaranteed a certain minimum number of nobles. Feeding the spares to Cragspider is good way of "rerolling" if you're playing the GOG version.
DO NOT TRY THIS if you're playing the other version.

Is the iOS version different from the GOG version?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, various gameplay tweaks and new quests. One gameplay tweak is that while the GOG version has Cragspider basically not give a poo poo no matter how many nobles you feed her, in more recent versions (mobile, Steam) if you try to feed her an endless string of nobles you'll quickly find yourself on the receiving end of a troll apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Just send nobles exploring with no guards. 90% chance you'll never see them again, you just have to wait a year for the game to acknowledge it.

• Locked thread