Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Anyone have a good recipe for sarmale and mamaliga? Fell in love with this combo in Romania, I've tried multiple recipes online but none quite get it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

I want to make a queso dip but don't want to have that processed cheese (Velveeta) taste. But of course, regular cheese separates. Is there a particularly good processed cheese I can use, or does anyone know a recipe using real cheese that doesn't separate or solidify under sustained heat?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

a dozen swans posted:

Sounds like you need some sodium citrate!

Hm interesting. Am I likely to find it at a grocery store / Walmart?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I got mine from Amazon, not going to find it at a grocery or Walmart

Thanks. Guess I'll be stuck with Velveeta for the football games this weekend but I'll order some sodium citrate for next weekend's games.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

What are some things to add to steel cut oats besides my standard dried cherries and dried currants?

And does anyone sell unsweetened dried currents, where they're still really tart? The bulk ones at Whole Foods are pretty darn sweet.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Comic posted:

Fruit preserves, fresh fruit, maple syrup...? Unless you mean while cooking, in which case I dunno.

Well either way, just tired of my standard oatmeal and was wondering if there were any amazing Oatmeal LifeHacks I need to be aware of

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Catface Meowmers posted:

[steel cut oatmeal add-in suggestion] peanut butter

This was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

My very lovely wife picked up the wrong thing for me at the Asian supermarket. Instead of shaoxing wine, she got "dense vinegar", which turns out is white vinegar at a strength of 47% instead of the normal 5%. So, aside from watering it down and being very careful to not spill it in my eyeballs, is there some sort of specific use for this stuff?

Put 1/8 cup in your washing machine and run a cycle to get it nice and clean