Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

I was wondering if anyone had a good pizza sauce recipe. I've recently gotten into homemade pizzas and I would like to make my own sauce rather than getting store bought. Also this might be a stupid question, but can you cook steak in a cast iron pan? If so how? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

Thank you so much. I'll definitely try both of these in the next week!

Edit: With the garlic should a just add 2-3 cloves?

Phadedsky fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 17, 2011

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

Sjurygg posted:

Add as much garlic as you like. I forgot to mention: this needs to be reduced over heat until consistency is right. Try to "fry" the sauce a bit as it reduces. This gives a good flavour to the tomatoes. Basically turn the heat up a little towards the end and keep stirring and scraping.

One last question, about what temperature should I cook the sauce at as well as the steak?

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

Is it possible to freeze bread dough like pizza dough? Because I have a recipe for three loaves of bread, but I really only need one loaf at a time. Plus then I would have some ready to bake dough. Thanks!

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

And this works with loaves of bread as well?

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

Thanks! I was just worried about if the cold would affect the taste of the bread dough. I guess it's time to make some bread.

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

This might be a stupid question, but I'm planning on roasting a chicken this weekend and I was wondering if there's any way of making gravy out of the juices in the roasting pan. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phadedsky
Apr 2, 2007

Thanks! Is there a ratio/specific amount of butter or flour I should add?