Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If I'm making the classic GWS pulled pork recipe off the wiki but my roommate "doesn't like pork all that much" and am going to use beef instead, what kind of beef do I buy and do I have to do anything different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I decided to just buy the the pork shoulder, she can deal.

I also bought a whole chicken to make pan-fried chicken tomorrow, and I'm trying to make stock, but I don't know if I'm doing it right. Will it mess up the whole thing if I didn't get all the meat off the carcass? This is the first time I've ever butchered a chicken and I don't think I did too great a job.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think it was just I didn't know how long to wait until something starts happening. It's been about an hour and a little bit of the stuff I'm supposed to skim off is starting to accumulate, so I guess I just need to be patient.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have any suggestions for sites that let you save recipes online and make your own personal cookbook? Ones that include an iOS app would be nice too, but it's not mandatory.

I'm trying out PepperPlate right now but I'm wondering if anyone has any ones that they use. I'm also messing around with http://keeprecipes.com/, which seems to have a much more robust sharing, and you can search other people's stuff, but it loads so slow geez.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 30, 2013