Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I'm thinking about making a brown rice congee in a slow cooker. Does it matter if I use the long grain stuff, and can I put a few smoked turkey tails in there for flavor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
How long is tomato puree safe for after the can's been opened? I'm thinking of just buying the big cans of those instead of pasta sauce.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Anyone know how to get homemade ice cream/milk as soft and easy to scoop as the storebought stuff?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Can anyone reccomend a good rack to go with the electric roaster so the meat doesn't get soggy? It comes with one, but it's honestly pretty crappy.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Ive been looking at one of these things since they have them at work recently: http://www.amazon.com/Presto-06006-...le+multi-cooker. I was thinking of using it for various cooking stuff. Anyone have any input?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Does anyone know a good place for popcorn seasoning? Preferably white cheddar.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Trying to find something without hydrogenated oils. Sorry, should have specified.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GrAviTy84 posted:

Make it. Use n-zorbit (tapioca maltodextrin) to absorb the oils in the cheese (or any fat really) of your choice. Process in a food processor to make a powder that will coat the popcorn evenly and melt when in your mouth.

I can just make the stuff? Well, that simplifies things a lot, thanks.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Does anyone know how much fat is in yogurt whey? I make my own Greek yogurt, and I was wondering if all the whey going out of it is the lean part of the milk while the leftover strained stuff is the fat, or at least how much of it is fat.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So, does anyone have any recommendations for bean cookbooks? I like beans, they're cheap, high protein/fiber, generally easy to prep and have a lot of servings, but beyond the Goya recipes on the back of the bags I don't have a ton of recipes for them. Having some variation would be nice to shake things up.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey, anyone have a good recipe for chicken butter? The really tasty Indian dish where chicken's simmered in a creamy tomato sauce, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.