Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Okay goons, here's my predicament. Holiday cookie season is coming into full swing here soon, and I have a crazing for tea- based things. I'm wondering what the best way to get a strong black tea undertone into a cookie is- I'll be doing mostly shortbread cookies. My problem is is that I'm a novice cook- I'll be off to culinary school soon, but for right now I have not a making GBS threads clue on how to do anything that's not already in a cook book. Help, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Perfect, thanks dudes. I'll try all three methods (and look into the maccha) and report back with which one presents the most tea flavor.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hey, guys, tried out the various tea ideas.

The butter tea had a delicious flavor, but wasn't very strong, more of a gentle aftertaste. I think maybe I didn't do enough tea to butter ratio?

The vodka just about obliterated the tea taste.

I didn't get around to trying the matcha, but I did try what Cuddle suggested and put the tea directly into the cookies, and that seemed to work the best. Fantastic.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I have four big-rear end fresh cucumbers that need something done with them that isn't pickles. I was thinking cucumber bread, but that'll only take care of one of the buggers. Suggestions? I want to mostly pay homage to how light and refreshing they are.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

^^^ Went a bit off the wall and did avacado, roasted sesame seeds, bell pepper and cucumber salad, then did a strawberry/cucumber smoothie thing and cucumber bread. Good times. Good times.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hawkgirl posted:

That all sounds awesome. I was going to suggest putting cucumber slices in water too but it sounded boring. Strawberry plus cucumber sounds interesting though.

The weirdest thing was that it actually almost tasted like melon when it was done. I don't know if it was the strawberries I used or what, but it tasted almost melon-y. Which made my sister quite happy, as she is allergic to melons but loves the taste.

Next time I'm thinking cucumber lemonade.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

You done hosed yourself, guy. Get to a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pretty much, dude. Don't want to risk getting botulism or something. Next time you want to cook chicken, you'll want to make sure it's out of the danger zone before you slow cook that poo poo.

My favorite thing to do is take the chicken, stuff it, put it in the oven at around 375 or so for about an hour/hour and a half, as long as it takes before the juices run clear and you can pop off a leg or wing real easy, then do whatever with it.

Also, wash the everliving gently caress out of the crock pot as soon as you can.