Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This is probably pretty weird and gross and maybe a cooking sin, but is making a worchestershire-based 'paste' or spread a thing?

Every now and again when cooking with it, I get a dark, savory paste of it built up in like the corners that spreads well on bread and sandwiches and whatnot, so I'm wondering if I can't just make the same en masse without having to buy a hock of meat to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I couldn't say, short of extensive testing myself, but I thought it was worth a shot. Worst case scenario I get a worcestershire spread that while not quite as intense as what I get while cooking, I'll still probably use on other things because I'm an addict and don't know what to do with myself. I just kinda lack the skills to know what I'm doing wrt doing reductions or whatever else I'd need to try to whip it into something beyond 'stick in a pot and maybe boil some stuff off idk'.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Question for those more experienced with cheesecake making - is there a good way to keep my swirl cheesecakes from cracking? I've tried all the usual methods, room temp eggs/cream cheese, as little beating as possible to keep air from getting in, having the springform sit in a pan filled with water to help even out the cooking, etc.

Generally I do a blackberry swirl with just smashed blackberries, some brown sugar, some cornstarch, and strain to get the seeds out so it's a bit syrupy when I mix it in but man, I just can't get a good smooth top. Not that it really matters since it tastes great either way but I still feel a little embarrassed whenever it happens, especially if I'm cooking for others.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I've always wanted to try my hand at making a homemade deep dish pizza, because I've always loved it but I've also moved an eternity away from where I could get it regularly, so now my only hope is to make one for myself. Are there any decent recipes to start with that might be compatible with a springform pan, or should I just run with making a generic pizza dough and layering from there?