Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
So I finally found a meat shop that actually sells meat that tastes like something in the SFBA. Are there produce shops that specialize in actually strong tasting produce in SF or the South Bay? Like, fully grown stuff, don't give a poo poo about organics or whatever. Half the organics and heirloom poo poo in local markets taste like water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Crock pots are not even close to the best cooking implement for absolutely anything, they're just convenient

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Close family will never give you accurate signal on how good your food is, if they have any sense

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
No, phase diagram works fine, this isn't a spin glass or anything

http://soft-matter.seas.harvard.edu..._and_nucleation

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Actual phase diagram is in the references somewhere, sorry

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Pound of lamb is the most co2 producing commonly sold pound of meat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Spatchcock sous vide hold with battery on carry-on apparently worked with a friend of a friend

Carry-on cuz he had his own plane. Dunno how it would work with nontrivial security

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

I. M. Gei posted:

I mean I’m gonna have to reheat it there, definitely. I’m just wondering what’s the best way to pack it for maximum flavor preservation.

Also I’m not sure if this helps, but it’s gonna be packaged for a minimum of two days and probably no longer than a week, depending on whether I ship it UPS/FedEx (do they even mail food packages?) or shove it in my suitcase and take it with me on the plane.

Carry-on if you can, it reduces randomness by a whole fuckin lot

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Heart works better as a low and slow cut imo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Low and slow is for connective tissues, including fat. Heart is supposed to have little fat, but lots of connective tissue

Braise the thing whole if you want a weird centerpiece, but otherwise just normal braising, it's pretty forgiving. Slow roast also works

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Korean BBQ is a symptom of our national complete lack of patience

Every cut goes fast if you cut it thin enough. Brisket, jowls, heart, belly, intestine...

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I would've done a fair bit slower and lower roast, but you can't make heart not taste a little like blood

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Alright, then, it was spoiled I guess

Sliced really really thin and hot fried does work, too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Best way to filter is with gelatin or proprietary filter chemicals. I recommend gelatin, you gotta buy the filter stuff 5 gallons at a time

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Helith posted:

Wow, I always heard that Korean food had become very sweet, but holy moley the amount of sweet things going into that marinade :eyepop:

Highest rising rate of diabetes in the world for about a decade there

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Apparently if you mix w water from steamed eggplants it tastes like grape juice

And if you mix it w milk, it makes a yogurty thing after curdling?

https://m.blog.naver.com/daeboo108/70091179188

More translation coming never lol

Apparently its part of a series of foods including plum gochujang, doenjang, soy sauce, etc. So deffo seems real savory thing

E: huh that bit is on the packaging

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Yeah, all the other poo poo I found on the internet is about health benefits and they all tell you to put 10ml of extract in water so eh