Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Our farmer's market sells frozen meat. It is delicious, but there's only two of us. Is there a way to reportion and store the meat in the refrigerator without using power tools? I know better than to thaw the meat all the way and refreeze, but I've had some luck with just barely thawing it and then hacking at it with a chef's knife.

No idea what the hell to do with our pork shoulder, though. Our crock pot won't hold that fucker, there has to be a way to cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have no idea where to ask this and the googling does nothing.

I was microwaving a spaghetti squash so that I could cut it up and roast it. I took a knife and put more holes in that fucker than a slab of Swiss cheese. Then, I babied it, microwaving it a few minutes at a time and letting it sit and cool.

Naturally it exploded, I blew the side right off. The microwave shut off when I did this. It seems to still be getting power, the clock works and the light turns on, but I’m scared to death to try actually microwaving anything in it. Is it okay? How do I know? Why did it shut off in the first place?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I looked for the cast iron pan thread and couldn’t find it.

I have a cast iron pan that is old and basically nightmare filthy. I’ve always thrown it in the oven after cooking (400 degrees F) and then scrubbed it out with kosher salt, but lately that’s not touching the layers of nastiness on this fucker. It smokes and smokes and smokes and smokes. It’s not chalkboard slick, it’s lumpy and cakey. It’s such a smoky pain in the rear end that it’s unusable.

What do I do to restore Nightmare Pan to something tolerable?