Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altair X89
Jul 27, 2002
I'd like to use dried beans more often, but every time I've cooked them in the past they wind up having a different texture than canned beans. I follow all the directions involving soaking and not adding salt and all that, but they always turn out the same. Kind of gritty I guess? They never seem as good as canned beans but dried ones are cheaper. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have to deal with it? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altair X89
Jul 27, 2002
I use beans for all sorts of things, soups, chili, etc. Maybe I am just not cooking them enough then...I cook them for the time suggested and they are soft I guess and break apart easily but yeah have that chalky texture. Will try boiling the poo poo out of them. Thanks!

Altair X89
Jul 27, 2002
Rosemary and thyme, or a little bit of parsley.