Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I. M. Gei posted:

I hit Amazon’s “Problem with Order” button and it said I wasn’t eligible for a refund yet because I didn’t request a return, so I contacted the seller with the stuff Doom Rooster suggested. We’ll see if they reply, but I kinda doubt they will.

In the meantime, my tree is staked and watered and looks to be doing good so far.

Amazon will cover you, if they don't respond in some amount of time (72hrs i think) you can get paid back from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Those ziplock twist lid containers are not leakproof.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Is the worst chocolate made with Hershey process then thinned with fats and sugar?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Mr_Roke posted:

What, if any, are the good food & cooking magazines? I just got a library card again and there are a bunch I can borrow digitally ( food network, saveur, BBC Good Food, Cook's illustrated, and Bin Appetit to list a few available).

Lucky Peach nope its dead

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Having two measurement systems is an inconvenience in a lot of things. Remember US Metrification? I don't because that got cancelled like 50 years ago, way to drop the ball :911:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

If it was pasteurized and still sealed (which should be most cream cheeses in tubs) it should be fine. I would still eat the stuff that is wrapped in foil but maybe don't give it to grandma or an infant.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Gems backwards

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

think about how cool you'll sound when you say coop-ehh, it's worth it

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

The thickening ingredient is carrageenan which is used to thicken liquids and is an emulsifier but I can't find search results that say if it works to thicken just oil. How much is that stuff? Probably worth a try if it's not too expensive.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

There's sugar in bakol as the 1st ingredient :ohdear: not sure how bad that is, it wouldn't be able to dissolve in oil so no biggie?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

A chimney charcoal starter works great for that if you happen to have one. You can do it on an electric stove if you put something on top like a big pan and let it get real hot and rotate the corn often.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

baby back wibs

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Take a look at Ratio, it does a good job at breaking down how similar many baked goods are and what ingredients are doing what. You need another book if you want fancy recipes, these are mostly basic recipes with hints on ways to make them more interesting.

In the vein of Joy of Cooking, America's Test Kitchen New Best Recipe is a similar all-in-one but it has more modern recipes. They do a good job of explaining decisions made in the recipe, there is often a page or two of things they tried and what worked. They have very good desert recipes for the most part.

Something like Joy of Cooking should be really cheap used, I learned a lot from it as a kid.

There are a lot of good bread books, really. Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast is good and has nice pictures and stuff.

Betty Crocker Cookie Book is a good classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

For that matter, a lot of cooking books except the hottest new books are like $5 used