Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I have a bunch of extra sauce/topping made of sliced red onion, chopped bacon and beer. What's the best thing to put it on? Already had it on rockfish (delicious).

VVV I'm hungry again already... Although unless I'm wrong, you're saying "It's good on everything, stupid."

Mozi fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
edit: taking this to the product recommendation thread

Mozi fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 22, 2011

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Whenever I'm cooking raw meat or fish, or meat that needs to be cooked before eating, like bacon, I get kind of obsessive with handwashing and I think I'm overdoing it a bit (though I know it can't hurt). After I put a steak in the pan, after I touch bacon, after I touch anything that's already in the pan, basically any time I touch something that's not fully cooked. And there's the whole "can I use the same tongs I used to put something raw in the pan to take that thing out of the pan when it's cooked?" What, exactly, is important in these situations?

Mozi fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 11, 2011

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I have .72lb of lamb breast for myself tonight and was thinking a simple braise would be the way to go. I do not have a cast iron lid for my cast iron pan, however (which would be my closest approximation of a dutch oven). What is the way to go here?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Iron Chef Ricola posted:

You can braise stuff in any container, I use a cake pan with aluminium foil on top of it sometimes.

Thanks, I put tin foil over it and a cookie pan over that for good measure. I think I may have used too much wine but...