Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:

Hawkgirl posted:

I have almost all the ingredients for this recipe http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Oyakodon except dashi. I'm trying to find something to eat tonight and oyakodon sounds good, but will it still taste ok without dashi?

Also, I recall reading that there are different kinds of dashi. If I were to buy one kind of dashi from the Asian market, what should it be? I plan to make things like oyakodon and miso soup with it if that helps.

Sub chicken broth, you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:

Squashy Nipples posted:

GoWithChrist ruined my only decent sauce pot (my pots and pans are a motley collection). There are mountains of black carbon all over the bottom, and they are as hard as concrete.

My usual trick is to soak overnight in a concentrated solution of dish washer detergent, but that did nothing. Anything other then a wire wheel I could try?

In my defense, his burners are confusing. The substance was white rice, if that helps any.

Also, the internet suggests emptying a bottle of ammonia into it, covering it, and leaving it outside for a few days. Preferably somewhere Pookie won't find it.