Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
On the note of lunches I have a request too.

I'm going on a day trip in a few weeks and I'll have to brown bag my lunch. I need a meal that is filling, doesn't need to be refrigerated/heated up, and isn't bulky to carry since I'm stuck lugging it around with me.

Right now my only idea is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I want to make my own greek yogurt at home but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone help me?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Thank you for the yogurt help! I'll be attempting to make my own later.

Now I have another cooking question. I am trying to make crispy green bean chips. However the only recipe I found simply resulted in half-burnt half-soggy green beans. Does anyone know of a recipe that'll work?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Is there a way to cook salmon that won't make my kitchen smell for days? My kitchen has very poor ventilation.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

The Macaroni posted:

1) What kind of salmon are you using? If you're using cheap frozen salmon, then you're pretty much out of luck. (See my story below.) 2) If you're using fresh salmon of decent quality, it shouldn't smell. 3) How are you cooking it?

Oh yeah, it's the cheap frozen Costco salmon. :downs: Sometimes the smell just lingers for a few hours, sometimes it'll be stuck in my kitchen for days.

So far I've tried cooking it in the oven and grilling it. Both times lead to the death stink cloud. I was hoping if there was any way to lesson the blow.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
How long does cooked brown rice last in the fridge? It's in an airtight tupperware container. I'm getting messages from "About a week" to "OH GOD AFTER TWO DAYS YOU WILL DIE IF YOU EAT IT".

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
It's only been a day so I'm thinking fried rice tomorrow. :chef: Thanks everyone!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I had a root canal on friday, and I'm on a mushy food diet until my crown comes in next week. The problem is that I'm already sick of pasta, mashed potatoes, and chicken nuggets. Can anyone recommend any food ideas? I miss crunchy celery so much. :smith:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Cottage Pie might work. When I mean mushy, I mean barely any chewing at all. I don't recover well from dental surgery. :smith:

Also I need some sort of vegetable dish to eat. It's bad enough that my diet is going to be mostly mashed potato and pasta based until I can chew again.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I was trying to avoid most soups just because I really can't have super cold or super hot liquids either. I suppose lukewarm soup might work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
While looking up smoothie recipes I keep finding stuff for 'green smoothies'. Basically normal smoothies with a ton of leafy greens tossed in. I might try that out until I can find something vaguely healthy for me to eat.

Kenning posted:

You want something rich in both starch and protein, so you feel nice and full even though you can't eat most things. To me, that says aligot.

Copper pot and roaring fireplace option. I use an immersion blender on mine.

...On this other hand, this sounds amazing. :swoon: