Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
wats the consensus on serious eats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I don't like knife sets and much prefer buying single knives to create my own set.

Maybe look into installing a magnetic strip if you are pressed for counter space. Or a cork drawer insert.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I saw at Costco some bone broth with 10 or 12g of protein per cup. Normally store bought stock or broth has 1g of protein per cup. How do I go about making this extremely protein-rich broth or stock at home? As an add on question, how does one estimate the nutrition of stock or broth?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
That's kind of what I was asking. Since store bought stock is less rich in nutrients/calories is there a certain way of cooking that produces one more calorie heavy. Or is it just the normal way to make stock which results in 50calories per cup and the store bought stuff is just weak or watered down or something. I know there is no way to get an accurate measurement but I was wondering if there was just an okay way to estimate.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
make cilantro liqueur

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Is a real pressure cooker a stove top one? Is the instant pot not good?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
e: double post

barkbell fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 5, 2019

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
does something a bit higher end like brevilles electric pressure cooker perform better? maybe this isnt the right thread for this but there are tons of review websites with equipment recommendations but its hard to tell why one place recommends x but another y.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Penzys is great because I get a pound of spices for a dollar when trump does something dumb

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
tell them no

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Get it hot and put some oil on an old towel. Rub it around to distribute the oil and reapply oil to towel as necessary. This ruins the towel.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
So I got drunk last night and ordered 50 bux of whole spices of like every flavor of cardamom and blade mace and whatever else. What are some bomb curry recipes I can do?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

TofuDiva posted:

I'll be looking forward to curry recipes too, but in the meantime, put some of that cardamom in your tea, and grind some up and put it in homemade bread rolls.

green pods, black pods, or the seeds? i got all 3 now

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
throw the whole package in cold water

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

theHUNGERian posted:

I watched an episode of a documentary "Cooked" about bread. While I was aware that white bread was bad, and sourdough was good, I did not realize that the fermentation process was an important part of proper bread-making. Is this true? Some googling suggests that the easiest way to identify proper sourdough bread is to look at the ingredients and verify that (1) it uses whole grain flour and (2) it does not list yeast as an ingredient. Am I on the right track? Is enriched flour a bad thing, or is it "good, but not as good as whole grain flour"?

If it turns out that whole grain flour breads without yeast work better for me, are there certain cereals I should be avoiding or is it enough to identify those that use whole grains and are low in sugar? I have been reaching for Kashi's whole grain cereals lately, and I am happy.

I am asking because some breads/tortillas do give me stomach issues, and I am tired of randomly trying different breads/tortillas/cereals.

im no doctor but listen to your gut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Mole?