Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Do any of you brew and then make your own iced coffee? Any tips aside from 'just add water and chill'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the responses....

PainBreak posted:

You're best off using a toddy maker, and cold brewing. I use this one, which is essentially a giant french press:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-French-Press-Coffeemaker-51-Ounce/dp/B003NG922U

So with this I would not need a filter at all? If I wanted to use this for hot coffee could I just place the mix over the stove (in a safe container)?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

traveling midget posted:

Looking for a good drip coffee maker, but can't drop $300 on a Technivorm?

Check out the $80 Zojirushi Fresh Brew.

• Stylish automatic coffee brewer with 1.5-liter thermal carafe
  • Stainless-steel carafe keeps coffee hot for hours
  • 1025 watts; electronic clock/timer with preset function; auto shut-off for safety
  • Clever brew-and-serve lid design; easy-to-read water gauge
  • Measures 15 by 12 by 9 inches; 1-year warranty

Seems to perform better with chilled, not cold, water. Fits the normal gold cone filter if you should want that. Enjoy!

Are there other drip coffee makers you all could recommend? The amazon reviews on this gear make me pretty apprehensive.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

traveling midget posted:

What issues are the reviews talking about? There's a factory defect where the water leaks: just return it to Amazon, you'll know the first time you put water in it. The carafe needs to be lined up with the pouring nozzle too, but as long as you set it in there right its fine.

Mostly that and there were a few complaints about the temperature not being hot enough.