Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

origami posted:

Do any of you brew and then make your own iced coffee? Any tips aside from 'just add water and chill'?

I use 1 Tbsp (french press grind size) per 8 oz in my french press and put it in the fridge for at least 12 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Does anyone have a recommendation for a french press? My old one rusted out because the lid had this terrible lip that water could get in to but was impossible to clean.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Loucks posted:

The OP can help you with that.

Does anyone have the Bodum it recommends and can comment on it personally? or

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

You can buy an insert for the Keurig that allows you to use your own beans in French Press grind.

click

Best of both worlds if you're not spergy about your coffee.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

What's the consensus press grind size on a Capresso Infinity? 12-14?

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Bamboo skewers, halved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Been playing around with press pot variables. Generally, brighter, lighter roasts get steeped shorter than darker ones, correct?