Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Astronaut Jones posted:

The fresh roasted beans part here is key. Don't assume that mail ordering good coffee is prohibitively expensive, as it really isn't too bad.

I am a big fan of ... Vivace (http://www.espressovivace.com). All of which will ship you coffee basically on the day they roast it, and can have it at your door within a few days for not a whole lot more than you'd be paying for stale beans that have sat on a shelf for an unknown amount of time.

Vivace is great. Just moved to Seattle and have been loving them. The guy who owns the place is an absolute coffee nerd scientist guy. Although if you ask them what machine to use in the store they recommend some $8K machine for home users, no thanks!

http://www.stumptowncoffee.com/ is another good Seattle roaster who ships stuff out super fast. They are more about geographic single plantation varietals which is kinda cool I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

Joe Friday posted:

Seconding Stumptown in a big way. They are probably my favorite roaster next to Victrola. Zeitgeist in Pioneer Square is also a great local Seattle roaster.

Tully's also can be very decent if you carefully select a single origin. I've gotten my parents hooked on it and send it back to them in the Midwest for every holiday.

Since it sounds like you also live in Seattle, who in your opinion is the best in town in terms of quality/price? I drink a fair amount of coffee and it adds up. Currently I get Stumptown from the coffeeshop on my corner and I think it's 13$/bag with tax. I'm not sure how big the bag is, it doesn't say anywhere on it, but I know it is not that close to a pound just from the feel. I just moved here so I haven't really explored everywhere yet.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.
Hmm cool. I guess I will keep looking and trying stuff out. Been burning through these stumptown bags though. I can feel my addiction ramping up haha. I just found out a friend of mine works at a place with Cafe Vita stuff and can get me a bag or two at wholesale so I'm going to try some of those.

Definitely will check out Milstead and co, live pretty close and can get their easy enough on the Burke.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.

mattdev posted:

:colbert:

Caffe Vita is some really good stuff for sure. People in Portland like to hate train on them for some reason but I've never had a single issue with their espresso.

haha thanks for correcting me, I just assumed they were from Seattle since it seems to be the go to here.

People in Seattle seem to like to hate on Cafe Vita as well. If you read yelp reviews people often mention in restaurant/cafe reviews something like "oh this place is great, but they have cafe vita, where's the stumptown?"