Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
So what is it in Trung Nguyen coffee (besides the chicory) that makes it so amazingly good even for preground coffee? I'd like to replicate this, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

So what is it in Trung Nguyen coffee (besides the chicory) that makes it so amazingly good even for preground coffee? I'd like to replicate this, you see.

Nobody? Anybody?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

^^^^^^^
Cocoa! Yes, maybe that will do the trick.

Yes but that's not what I'm talking about. It has a different flavor (black, without the milk). There's lots of chicory in it, but there's something else that I can't figure out. Is it a different varietal of coffee? I don't know!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Bob_McBob posted:

I've never been sure why they brag about using robusta and other cheap coffee. Excelsa is very much like robusta, and Catimor is a low-grade Arabica varietal with some robusta in the family tree. A lot of the "off-brand" species and varietals tend to be grown because they're more disease-resistant or tolerate low altitudes better, not because of the cup quality.

Wiggles, what is it about Trung Nguyen you like? Which blend are you talking about?

Just the standard blend. And I like it because it tastes like good New Orleans chicory coffee but with a deeper, richer taste to it. And I want to figure out how to roast it at home so that it will be even better.