Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gentle Marmot
Mar 25, 2005
like the sugar
When I was in NY I had an amazing cup of coffee a this place called porto rico. My buddy sent me a selection of coffees from them so that I could maybe figure out what kind it was. In any case this spurred me to buy a cheap manual grinder and an aeropress. Well I finally got it all together in one place and made me a cup and it was outstanding. Here are some thoughts and some questions I have.

1. I got the Haario slim grinder mentioned in the OP but it was kind of a pain in the rear end. I think I may have ground the coffee way too fine though. I am going to make a coarser grind in the hope that it make it easier but this wont last. I need me an electric grinder, I am going to order one of the baratza refurbished grinders on their site. I cant wait. How coarse can I make the coffee in an aeropress, I am thinking pretty coarse but really is there a good picture of how it should look or feel exactly?

2. The aeropress rocked. I really liked the cup it made. I have some questions though, how big is the scooper that it comes with? Also does anybody know how much water exactly the numbers on the sides represent?

Overall this thread helped point me in the right direction, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU