Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Any Canadians have recommendations for pu erh shops like, well, http://www.puerhshop.com/ with reasonable Canadian shipping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Does that metal staining on the strainer affect the tea flavour? I thought it was just cosmetic. I’ve been drinking a lie!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bilirubin posted:

I am new to puerhs so am putting in a sampler order from CS (free shipping in Canada for orders over $50)

Wait, what? I ordered a bunch of stuff from them recently and shipping was most definitely not free. I wonder what I did wrong…

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh hey, it was free! It was the Puerh Shop that was very not free. My bad.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

So there's a Chinese herb called Nuo Mi Xiang that tastes like sticky rice and companies in Yunnan province make pu'erh with a small amount of the herb. This is the best tea I have ever had, swear to god. https://yunnansourcing.com/products/2020-yunnan-sourcing-nuo-mi-xiang-ripe-pu-erh-tea-and-sticky-rice-herb

I ordered some of this tea after reading this post and I love it. Thanks for the tip!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Heath posted:

Demanding a recipe for this

Yeah let’s go!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I love it :kimchi:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

w4ddl3d33 posted:

and tea tastes better in glass, as the tannins have less texture to stick to, and thus they stay in the tea, giving it a stronger flavour.

my semi-glazed tea mug is doing me dirty, I see!

(it’s also a pain to get fully clean, but I mostly drink black tea clear so I just rinse and go for most of the week)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

3 scoops of loose leaf! That is a big chai!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

what does it do to the taste of green tea that’s better than filtered water in a standard kettle? I’m intrigued

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I got an advent calendar of Kusmi tea from my wife and while “almond rooibos” is not something I am really excited about tasting it’s nice to have a wide selection of stuff to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

tokin opposition posted:

Citrus Mint Licorice

lol this sounds like the tisane from hell for my tastes—I wish you luck though!