Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Guy Axlerod posted:

I have the adagio one. It is fine, everything comes apart for cleaning. I do wish there were more markings on the side to know how much water to put in. I know one mug is filled to just below the logo, and the other can go up to the middle of the logo.

I have a bunch of random mugs at work and will pull out whichever one I feel like using that day, and I probably have a record of overfilling them about 25% of the time. Also sometimes I have to walk really really really slow to my meetings with my almost overflowing mug. I get teased about this, constantly.

I am too stubborn to put the water in the mug first to measure, or add any kind of volume measurement lines on the side of it though. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I am on the Ito-en mailing list and they just sent me this, what in the hell

https://itoen.com/products/barrel-aged-hojicha

quote:

Limited Edition Barrel-Aged Hojicha

Aged in Peated Bourbon Barrels

Enjoying the complex flavors of carefully curated and crafted teas or whiskeys involves a refined nose and palate. ITO EN Barrel-Aged Hojicha elevates the experience to a higher level by infusing our Japanese roasted green tea with the rich flavors & aromas found in Kings County Distillery Peated Bourbon whiskey barrels. The result is a uniquely balanced, complex green tea that can be enjoyed by tea and whiskey connoisseurs alike.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thoht posted:

Sounds wild. Give us a trip report!

Ah sorry, by "sent me this" I just meant an email about their new product. No free tea for me.

Sounds like this isn't as weird as a concept as I was thinking it was, though. Might have to consider picking up some after I get some Christmas money...

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Heath posted:

Today's tea is a matcha-infused genmaicha

I could probably just make this myself but, can you share where you got this?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Very much enjoying your review posts, thank you.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Vahdam is out of their daily Assam, anybody got a good recommendation for a similar strong, no-frills, pretty cheap ($6 for 100g is the Vahdam price) Assam I can pick up instead?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tea-adjacent question: I drink a lot of mugicha, and usually just make it with the barley bags you throw in your pitcher. I have been tossing these bags into my compost when I refill my pitcher, the bags themselves feel like they're made of the same kind of paper you'd see in brown coffee filters. Anyone know what this material is? Wondering if I've screwed up and will be fishing out a bunch of uncomposted material come spring.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Afaik it's just unbleached paper, exactly like coffee filters. No idea if they're compostable though.

Yeah that is probably true and I guess I already knew that, the internets seem to say those filters are totally compostable so I will keep on tossing them out there.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

betterinsodapop posted:

Another primarily coffee-drinker here.
I've started drinking "Taylors of Harrogate English Breakfast" loose leaf tea I found at the local Whole Foods. I really like how bold and DRY it is (if that makes sense?)
What should I be looking at if I wanted something similar to that bold, dry profile, but maybe a step up from my supermarket fare?
tia :)

English Breakfast tea is usually a mix of Assams and my favorite lately is the Vahdam daily Assam. Bold, dry finish, very reasonably priced: https://www.vahdamteas.com/products/daily-assam-black-tea You might also look into some first flush Darjeeling for that dry finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

betterinsodapop posted:

As per your suggestion, I ordered some black teas from Vahdam. I've started drinking the daily Assam, and it is GREAT. I got a few other varieties of black tea (Darjeeling, English Breakfast) that I haven't opened yet, but can't wait to try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Hell yeah. I actually need to order some too as I'm totally out and was trying to drink down a bunch of the other tea I've already got instead of just drinking their daily Assam uh....daily, but I'm starting to have withdrawals.